Best TV for Sonos Arc

• 14 September 2020
  • 14 replies

Hi all senior in Sonos Community. Nice meeting you. 

I just got my Sonos Arc and connected to youtube music now and i love the music alot compare to my Yamaha 209.

My question is i try connect to my 10 years old LG TV and it cant connect the sound and it does not comes with Optical.

Then I try my Xiaomi Laser Projector 150 inch and nothing is available as well. sob sob.

May I ask what TV should i get to get Sonos Arc compatible with zero issue with plug in Earc and issue solved. I plan to play PS4/5 with it.

Initially I try looking at LG C9 but some senior here mentioning there is issue with it as well.

So to cut story short, which is best TV and value for money TV should i got to pair with Sonos Arc.

Will TCL 825 does the trick or we need min flagship TV like LG CX or Sony X90H works as well. As kinda on tight budget and does not want to spent alot on OLED as heard it will burn in quickly as well alot samsung cant connect to the sonos arc.

Thank you and looking forward to your reply soon.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

14 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Tsukasa, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. About your question. There are a lot of TV’s out there that is working great with the Sonos Arc. We do not recommend any specific brands because we want to promote and keep fairness with third-party partners, hence what we can do is that we can wait for feedbacks and suggestions of other Sonos community users about the TV they use for their Sonos Arc. 

Let me know your thoughts with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help. 

That's a lousy response, you're not helping.  Just name a bunch of them!

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I would recommend buying a TV with a solid return policy. Compatibility with the Arc over eARC and ARC transports is, frankly, a crapshoot with all brands right now.

The source device matters too: Apple TV, Roku, etc. You could search for someone using your source device with an Arc, successfully, and see what TV they are using.

Also, which country are you in? TV models vary, sometimes substantially, by geography.

It is hard to find a TV that can’t get optical-out right though, so if that is sufficient you have a lot of choice and much higher degree of confidence that it will work.

Agreed this would be a lot easier if Sonos published their secret list of which TVs work and, more critically, which do not.

I got a samsung tv QE65Q67RATXXC and it only has arc hdmi, but supports DD+ and atmos .

So i went and bought the arc-bar and man i wished i knew what i know now. Then i would not have bought the bar.

Yes it support atmos on netflix but thats all.

So now i got a nice soundbar and a tv with crappy atmos support.

From what i could figure out, go with LG tv with Earc.

I have to save for a new tv 😭

Best regards Ronni liechti 

Badge

For what it is worth, the Samsung Q80T (or Q8DT if purchased at Costco) has popped up many times in the threads as one model that has the least issues with the various streaming sources that work well with the ARC soundbar (Internal Samsung hosted apps, external connected devices, such as AppleTV4K, etc.) I count myself lucky as I have a 2020 Samsung Q8DT connected by eARC to the ARC and using various HDMI streaming devices and have minimal audio issues since the latest firmware updates for both the ARC and the Samsung TV.  As others have said, “your experience may vary”.

Another option you may want to explore is the HDFury Arcana as many in the Sonos Community have said it works great in connecting devices to the Sonos ARC.

Thank you, will look into that then.

I just bought a Samsung Q60T to go with my Sonos ark and it is not going well. Everything worked great for the first week and now the TV no longer recognizes that I have and EARC device plugged in. I spent an hour on the phone with Samsung tech support who were perfectly useless. I'm considering returning the TV and getting something not Samsung

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I just bought a Samsung Q60T to go with my Sonos ark and it is not going well. Everything worked great for the first week and now the TV no longer recognizes that I have and EARC device plugged in. I spent an hour on the phone with Samsung tech support who were perfectly useless. I'm considering returning the TV and getting something not Samsung

Try an LG CX series next.

I see the BX in stock near me. Is there a big difference?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I see the BX in stock near me. Is there a big difference?

Sorry no idea about the BX. I have a C9 in my office at work, and I watch the discussions about the C9 and CX at work (I am on the Xbox team). 

Thanks. 

I spoke with Sonos customer support last night and they got the tv to see the Arc. If it stays that way I'll keep the tv I have

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi! I have an LG B9 and I don't have any problems with my Sonos Arc. Everything works flawlessly.

My issue with the Q60T reappeared last night. It looks like it might be time to look at the LG CX

Stay away from Samsung, especially older models. In an attempt to connect the Arc to my Q7 (2018) I have spent over $500.

Started with HD Fury Arcana to enable Atoms. In order for HD Fury to work, I needed an external source (appleTv4K, PS5, receiver, etc) Since we were just using tv for sound (and a there’s shortage of PS5s) I picked up a Apple TV.
Add the 4K cables and we’re getting up there.

Before the Arc was connected through the HD Fury I bought a universal remote to try and control the volume of Sonos and TV on the same remote. Very annoying to need my phone to control volume. I ended up with the Harmony Elite because of IR limitations of the other models. Didn’t realize that I could use the Samsung remote after connecting with HD Fury. 

If I knew what I knew now, I should have used the $$$ towards a new non-Samsung TV.

Thankful to have these types of problems today.