Question

Best Sonos option for LG HU80KS 4K UHD Projector

• 4 June 2020
  • 5 replies

We have recently bought LG HU80KS 4K UHD Projector

https://www.amazon.com/LG-HU80KS-Theater-Cinebeam-Projector/dp/B07XC6YH21

We have some sonos plays from 2015 can we connect them or do we need a newer models?

Many thanks for any advice

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Which speakers do you have?

The only speaker in the Sonos lineup with Bluetooth connectivity is the Sonos Move. So you can’t wirelessly connect any other speaker directly to the projector.

If you are ok with using cables, the Play 5 as well as the various soundbars (Playbar, Playbase, Beam and Arc) have lineouts and can be connected to the projector that way.

A third option is using an Apple TV and then airplay to the Sonos speakers. The more recent speakers support airplay 2.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

This PJ has optical out, so will work with the Playbar/Playbase/Beam/AMP/Arc and will get you DD 5.1.

Badge

You can use the ARC HDMI input to connect a beam or Arc and then wirelessly sub and rears for 5.1.

If you connect a Firestick on the other HDMI ans have an Arc you can get Atmos content for Disney +, Prime and Tidal.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

You can use the ARC HDMI input to connect a beam or Arc and then wirelessly sub and rears for 5.1.

This projector does not have any HDMI-ARC ports by my reading of its specifications so optical is the only method to connect it to a Sonos HT device.

Badge

The HDMI on the side in my Projector is ARC. It works perfectly with my Sonos equipment and I have Atmos.