Answered

Best PS5 Audio Settings?

• 7 December 2022
  • 2 replies

I have a Sonos arc with Sub Gen 3 and two One SL’s for surround. I have my tv setup to pass through sound to sound bar via eArc. What settings should I choose for the PS5 sound?

Device type - AV receiver 5.1 or Sound bar?

Also for sound format - Linear PCM or Dolby or Dolby DTS. 
Note that I only use it for gaming so whichever settings are best for that

I get conflicting opinions online so I’m not sure which settings are best.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 7 December 2022, 23:14

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

PS5 Settings:

Output Device: HDMI Device (AV amplifier)

HDMI Device Type: AV amplifier

Number of Channels: 5.1 ch

Audio Format (Priority): Linear PCM for gaming or when watching a DTS-encoded Blu-ray disc. When streaming content from the PS5 or watching a Dolby TrueHD/Dolby Atmos encoded Blu-ray disc, change this setting to Dolby.

When watching Blu-ray discs, there is another audio setting that must be adjusted when you start the disc. Tap the Options button on the controller, select the “…” and change the Audio Format setting to Bitstream for Dolby-encoded discs. Change this setting to Linear PCM for DTS-encoded discs.

FYI… Dolby Atmos is not supported on any streaming app on the PS5. It is only supported when playing Blu-ray discs.

Thanks for that. I noticed Linear PCM sounds a little quiet when selected. Rather than Dolby. Is there a specific reason?

Userlevel 7

PS5 Settings:

Output Device: HDMI Device (AV amplifier)

HDMI Device Type: AV amplifier

Number of Channels: 5.1 ch

Audio Format (Priority): Linear PCM for gaming or when watching a DTS-encoded Blu-ray disc. When streaming content from the PS5 or watching a Dolby TrueHD/Dolby Atmos encoded Blu-ray disc, change this setting to Dolby.

When watching Blu-ray discs, there is another audio setting that must be adjusted when you start the disc. Tap the Options button on the controller, select the “…” and change the Audio Format setting to Bitstream for Dolby-encoded discs. Change this setting to Linear PCM for DTS-encoded discs.

FYI… Dolby Atmos is not supported on any streaming app on the PS5. It is only supported when playing Blu-ray discs.