Question

Bedroom setup

• 28 November 2019
  • 1 reply

Hey everyone - I’m trying to see if I can setup some sort of “hacky” solution to get multi-speaker support in my bedroom.

I currently use a Roku on my bedroom TV, and use the line-out to a Play:5 (1st gen) for my sound.  It’s great, no complaints at all, but we’re looking to upgrade our bedside lighting and have been really drawn to the Ikea symfonisk speaker-lamps.

What can I do to have them work in conjunction with the Play:5, which uses line-in for it’s signal from the TV?

I’m well aware that surround isn’t supported, and that this would only be a stereo type setup if I could get it working at all.

Also, no room to install a playbar, or a beam in this scenario - so if that’s your suggestion, I appreciate it but its not viable.

Thanks in advance!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Just set up the pair of lamps as another “room” and then group them with the room that is your PLAY:5. You’ll get the full stereo signal.