Answered

Beam2 does not play sound from Samsung Q9 TV

• 20 June 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi All

i have a Samsung Q9 (2019) connected via HDMI to my Beam 2.  This set up has worked previously and only recently stopped working.  I made no changes to the settings and the Samsung Q9 is on the latest firmware (version 1325).  Anynet+ is activated.  My Sonos app indicates that there is Sound transmitted to the Beam2 but no sound is heard despite repeated efforts to increase/decrease the volume. I have unplugged the Beam 2 and Samsung TV and removed and replaced the HDMI to no avail.     I have not taken the Samsung TV back to factory defaults yet.  Any suggestions ?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 21 June 2022, 04:12

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi

Check the audio menu in your Samsung and make sure it’s set to HDMI out and not optical.

Also, what source was the audio coming from and what was the format? The Beam2 will not play enhanced DTS codecs.

Hi,

thanks for responding.  I confirmed the Samsung Q9 is set to HDMI out.  The Audio source is FIOS TV,  I also tried multiple steaming apps(Netflix/Prime) as well as screen mirroring my iPhone to play videos or audio files.  None would play audio thru the beam.  Can you provide steps for rebooting beam (for example: unplug for 30 seconds etc).  ?

also, if the SONOS App is registering an audio signal,  does that mean the Beam is receiving an Audo signal? 

Userlevel 7

Try this:

Disconnect all of your devices from the TV including the Beam. Unplug the TV and Beam from power for a couple of minutes. Plug them back in but keep everything disconnected. Make sure Anynet+ is enabled on the TV. Run TV Setup in the Sonos app and follow the instructions. When the app instructs you, connect the Beam to the TV's HDMI ARC port using the Sonos-supplied HDMI cable. When the Beam has been successfully connected, connect any other device to the TV.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Have you checked that you haven’t muted the sound? It sounds silly, but it could explain things.