Question

Beam won’t connect to series 7 Samsung TV

• 12 March 2019
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
Bought my second Beam and Samsung Series 7 tv today and followed the setup procedure, I’ve tried HDMI IN THE ARC port, I’ve trid the optical in and neither work. I have another Beam in the family room which is connected to sky Q mini box and works well as long as you don’t use Dolby which is annoying but at least it works. I never thought when handing over £399 I’d be having these problems and feeling frustrated, turning the tv on and off ect, please help.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

With Samsung TVs, they sometimes need a reboot (physically unplugging and plugging back in the TV) in order to recognize there is an audio device connected to the the HDMI-ARC or optical port.
Userlevel 7
Bought my second Beam and Samsung Series 7 tv today and followed the setup procedure, I’ve tried HDMI IN THE ARC port, I’ve trid the optical in and neither work. I have another Beam in the family room which is connected to sky Q mini box and works well as long as you don’t use Dolby which is annoying but at least it works. I never thought when handing over £399 I’d be having these problems and feeling frustrated, turning the tv on and off ect, please help.

Please clarify...

Is your issue that the Beam does not pick-up audio from your Samsung Series 7 or is that the Beam won't execute the on/off commands? If the latter those commands will not work via the optical connection. Looking forward to your response with a bit more info.

Cheers!