Answered

Beam & TV Control

• 26 July 2018
  • 3 replies

My beam is connected through HDMI/ARC and Alexa will control TV volume but won't recognize the TV when I ask it to turn off and on the TV. Anyone else have this issue?
icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 26 July 2018, 23:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

What is your TV called in the Alexa App (smart-home section) devices tab? and what is the actual command you are saying to Alexa ? Have you read the post by Ryan S. for your brand of TV and followed the instructions that Ryan recommends? See HERE.
Thanks for the tip. I'm relatively new to Alexa and didn't realize I had to connect the TV to the Alexa app (the volume control worked fine without connecting the TV to the Alexa app). But I did that. Then I read Ryans comments. I have an 8 yr old Sharp Aquos TV. I went into their menu and found something called Smart Aquous Link. I took a guess that that is what I needed to turn 'on'. Once I did, its all working fine! Thanks for your help.
Glad to hear it’s all working.