Answered

Beam & TV Control

• 26 July 2018
  • 3 replies

My beam is connected through HDMI/ARC and Alexa will control TV volume but won't recognize the TV when I ask it to turn off and on the TV. Anyone else have this issue?
icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 26 July 2018, 23:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Glad to hear it’s all working.
Thanks for the tip. I'm relatively new to Alexa and didn't realize I had to connect the TV to the Alexa app (the volume control worked fine without connecting the TV to the Alexa app). But I did that. Then I read Ryans comments. I have an 8 yr old Sharp Aquos TV. I went into their menu and found something called Smart Aquous Link. I took a guess that that is what I needed to turn 'on'. Once I did, its all working fine! Thanks for your help.
What is your TV called in the Alexa App (smart-home section) devices tab? and what is the actual command you are saying to Alexa ? Have you read the post by Ryan S. for your brand of TV and followed the instructions that Ryan recommends? See HERE.