Question

Beam: TV audio dropouts - recently started

• 25 November 2019
  • 1 reply

I recently started experiencing very brief audio dropouts using my Beam with a Sony TV and DIRECTV.  About every 23 seconds or so I will have a dropout in sound for a fraction of a second. 

This does NOT happen using the TuneIN app, only with the TV (any/every channel).

What next?

1 reply

Certainly seems to be an issue with the data coming across the HDMI-ARC connection with the TV, based on your description. 

I would try a few things. First, I’d check to see if there were any firmware/software updates to the TV from Sony, and apply them. I’d then double check the audio settings on my DirecTV device, and make sure it was locked down to Dolby Digital. Then I’d try a reboot of the TV itself, by unplugging it from the wall for 2 minutes, then plugging it back in. Simply turning it off with the remote won’t force the system to reboot.

Finally, if none of that works, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this issue, and either post the number here, or contact Sonos Support to discuss it.

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available, but are only available Monday through Friday during business hours. Both the Twitter and Facebook support folks are available 24/7.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.