Beam LG OLED

I have tried everything to fix this issue including most of what I have read on the community boards.

I recently bought a new beam set up was simple by the ARC connected to my LG OLED tv simply won't work. NO SOUND from tv. I am using Apple TV (Hulu) as my tv provided (HDMI 1) but this shouldn't matter.

All setting on LG seem to be in line with all recommendations.

Any help would be appreciated.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

I figured out a simple fix. Ignore the Sonos app set up for a moment. Switch off your tv at the wall then power back up. Go to All Settings. Select Sound. Select Audio Out (Optical / HDMI ARC). You’ll then get a drop down menu. Make sure Digital Sound Out is on . Make sure Simplink (HDMI-CEC) is . Go back to app and sink. Worked a charm for me. I’d been struggling with this on the app before I tried to get a solution via the TV. In my case the simplink dropdown was off. Happy viewing.
Badge +1
Hi again
I am pleased to say that after numerous attempts yesterday I managed to get the BEAM working. I have absolutely no idea why it suddenly started to work as I went through the same sequence several times.
Unfortunately the sub and the paired ones are not working so that is my next investigation. When I stream music they are all working as a separate " room "
The other thing that I have noticed is that I quite often lose the wi-fi connection to my iPhone contoller which is quite irritating
I am sure there is a thread on that

Thanks for your help
I have a new Beam with a new LG OLED C8 tv.. No sound. Set up on ARC port, Simplink turned on and off. Beam works fine for streaming from iPhone. Have plugged in and taken out ARC HDMI cable etc. Still no sound coming from Beam. Frustrating
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
Try powering the tv off at the plug and back again to fully imbed any setup changes.
Badge +1
Many thanks for your tips I will try this and let you all know
Ahole,

Now you have the correct HDMI port, just do the same things suggested by Jeff S above. Toggle Simplink on/off aswell and I think the LG TV's have a setting called 'auto power sync' too that needs switching on in the Simplink Settings.
Badge +1
Yes I have connected to HMDI 2 ( ARC ) on the side = second from bottom
Interestingly enough I looked at the inputs on the screen yesterday and see the BEAM,SUB and 1's
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
Hi
I just wanted to tag onto this thread instead of starting a new one - Hope that is OK

I have an LG OLED55C7V and recently bought a BEAM, SUB and 2 Play 1's and have everything set up for music.
Tried connecting Tv to the BEAM via what I beleive is the HDMI ARC. HDMI2.

I have a bit of a stupid situation in that the TV is mounted on a wall bracket and I have not been able to take the TV off the wall to actually check that I am using the right HDMI port. ( I said it was stupid ). I simply can't hold the TV and pull the cords on my own.
I have included a screen shot from the internet of what they say is an OLED55C7 TV.

On the TV I set SIMPLINK to on and sound to HDMI ARC. The result ? - nothing so still running through the TV speakers which is not the point. !

Any help would be much appreciated

ARC- port at the C7V is on the left side as far as i know, not at the back. https://www.digitaltrends.com/tv-reviews/lg-c7-oled55c7p-review/

Aernt you able to locate the right one...?
Badge +1
Hi
I just wanted to tag onto this thread instead of starting a new one - Hope that is OK

I have an LG OLED55C7V and recently bought a BEAM, SUB and 2 Play 1's and have everything set up for music.
Tried connecting Tv to the BEAM via what I beleive is the HDMI ARC. HDMI2.

I have a bit of a stupid situation in that the TV is mounted on a wall bracket and I have not been able to take the TV off the wall to actually check that I am using the right HDMI port. ( I said it was stupid ). I simply can't hold the TV and pull the cords on my own.
I have included a screen shot from the internet of what they say is an OLED55C7 TV.

On the TV I set SIMPLINK to on and sound to HDMI ARC. The result ? - nothing so still running through the TV speakers which is not the point. !

Any help would be much appreciated
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have tried everything to fix this issue including most of what I have read on the community boards.

I recently bought a new beam set up was simple by the ARC connected to my LG OLED tv simply won't work. NO SOUND from tv. I am using Apple TV (Hulu) as my tv provided (HDMI 1) but this shouldn't matter.

All setting on LG seem to be in line with all recommendations.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Eggy5514,

Welcome to the community. Can you try switching away from the HDMI/ARC in the TV's audio output menu, then click back to HDMI/ARC? Does this get the audio going? Also, try removing the HDMI cable, then plugging it back in while the TV is still on.

Let me know how it goes.