Answered

Beam Crackling when streaming from iPhone

• 21 March 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi.  When I stream music from my iphone to my Beam it crackles. I have google wifi and a network check shows a very poor connection with the beam. I read on here to move the wifi point farther from the beam but that did not work. Anyone have ideas?  Thanks!!!  Here is a support number:  1053758278

icon

Best answer by Jean C. 22 March 2020, 23:26

Hello @swsean,

Welcome to the Sonos community and thank you for reaching out with your diagnostic confirmation number. 

The report that you submitted confirms a very poor connection as you say. 

Can you tell me how far your Beam is from the closest Google WiFi point and from the primary Google WiFi router? 

Is your Beam wall mounted or sitting on or in any kind of cabinet that could be interfering with the signal?

You may find this article on reducing WiFi interference helpful for improving your connection. 

Please let us know how you are fairing with this so that we can work on resolving your playback audio.

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hello @swsean,

Welcome to the Sonos community and thank you for reaching out with your diagnostic confirmation number. 

The report that you submitted confirms a very poor connection as you say. 

Can you tell me how far your Beam is from the closest Google WiFi point and from the primary Google WiFi router? 

Is your Beam wall mounted or sitting on or in any kind of cabinet that could be interfering with the signal?

You may find this article on reducing WiFi interference helpful for improving your connection. 

Please let us know how you are fairing with this so that we can work on resolving your playback audio.

Hi Jean. Thank you for getting back to me.  The google wifi is about ten feet away.  It’s not part of a mesh network, its just the one router.  My beam is sitting on a tv stand.  It is right next to the tv, the cable box, the modem and the apple tv box.  When I do a google network test, every device in my apartment has a fast speed except for the beam.  I will check out that link you gave me now.  Thank you!