Answered

Beam automaticaly changes to HDMI ARC 1 port when it turns on philips TV

• 3 April 2020
  • 2 replies

Beam automaticaly changes to HDMI ARC 1 port when it turns on my philips TV.

i would like the TV to remain on HDMI 2 port where my virgin box is connected. 

can I stop this from happening?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 3 April 2020, 14:24

I’m interpreting this as when you use voice control to turn on your TV, the TV changes to another HDMI input? Sonos itself doesn’t have the ability to change inputs, that could be either an issue with the voice command (either Google or Amazon?) Or the ahDMI-CEC implementation in your TV.

So, first, make sure the TV is up to date. Once you’ve done that, unplug it from the power for two minutes.  Then, on the Sonos side, remove whichever voice system you’ve connected to, and unplug the Sonos from power. After two minutes, plug the Sonos back in. Once the Sonos comes back up, reassociate the voice command system with it, and test. 

View original

2 replies

I’m interpreting this as when you use voice control to turn on your TV, the TV changes to another HDMI input? Sonos itself doesn’t have the ability to change inputs, that could be either an issue with the voice command (either Google or Amazon?) Or the ahDMI-CEC implementation in your TV.

So, first, make sure the TV is up to date. Once you’ve done that, unplug it from the power for two minutes.  Then, on the Sonos side, remove whichever voice system you’ve connected to, and unplug the Sonos from power. After two minutes, plug the Sonos back in. Once the Sonos comes back up, reassociate the voice command system with it, and test. 

Thanks Airgetlam i’ll try that.