Answered

Beam and Samsung

• 12 January 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi! I’ve a Smart TV Samsung. When I connect to the HDMI-ARC port the Beam it all works good. But only with the Beam connected, because when I use the other two HDMI ports of the TV to connect my Macbook and my Apple TV it all goes wrong. I’ve checked I have HDMI-CEC enabled. Some kind of advice guys? Thank you all!

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 12 January 2020, 21:55

Turn off HDMI-CEC on your MacBook and Apple TV? Sounds like they’re breaking the system on the TV. 

And no, I have no idea how to do that, even as a user of both devices. I’d assume a google search would bring up options.

As a random thought, you may want to check the TV for updates, it’s possible that the TV’s HDMI-CEC software needs updating,

As a final resort, you could add HDMI-CEC blockers to the cables connecting the Apple products.

View original

3 replies

Turn off HDMI-CEC on your MacBook and Apple TV? Sounds like they’re breaking the system on the TV. 

And no, I have no idea how to do that, even as a user of both devices. I’d assume a google search would bring up options.

As a random thought, you may want to check the TV for updates, it’s possible that the TV’s HDMI-CEC software needs updating,

As a final resort, you could add HDMI-CEC blockers to the cables connecting the Apple products.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Use optical instead of ARC, will avoid all CEC-related problems.

Hi guys, it’s solved. I bought two hdmi CEC less adapters and It’s working!