Beam and LG TV Lip Sync Issue. Any solutions?

• 2 August 2018
  • 1 reply

Badge
I have Beam connected to LG B7 HDMI-ARC. Content arrives via Samsung HD Cable Box or Smart TV streaming Netflix and Amazon.

Audio and video are only in sync when I stream Netflix and Amazon 5.1. All other 5.1 cable content via cable box is out of sync and not correctable using TV or Cable Box settings.

Shutting off 5.1 in the cable box fixes the problem - if I wanted a stereo sound stage.

I've submitted diagnostics to Sonos. Contacted tech support at LG and Optimum Cable. Lots of finger pointing but no helpful solutions.

Lip sync was not an issue until I installed the Beam. Have any community members found a solution? Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, Mettaman. Not to worry, we will do what we can to get to the bottom of this for you. Following an occurrence of this issue, please submit a diagnostic and respond with the confirmation number. This way we can identify the cause. In the meantime, have you tried the steps here? Many thanks in advance.