Answered

Beam and LG OLEDs -Audio delay over Dolby DIgital still a problem?

Show first post

32 replies

Hi Ryan. This is encouraging. Did the testing involve the Beam as part of a 5.1 surround set, playing DD 5.1? If so, my ideal TV and surround pairing becomes an LG OLED C8 with the Beam, a Sub, and 2 Play 1s.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi everyone, we haven't found this same delay in testing with the Beam and the LG or Sony TVs, so if you are having trouble, we'd love to take a look at your setup and see what's happening. Can you give us a call on our support line and work with a technician so we can get a closer look?
Userlevel 4
Badge +6
Hi

Agree. Never said it was new and indeed I mention the loss of the tv voice control. Although not an issue for me as don’t really have a use for it.

Just sharing so people who are still asking the question easily see a workaround.

Best regards

Josh

Sorry, didn't mean to sound condescending. I and I'm sure many others appreciate you testing the HDMI ARC on the beam.

This issue is just so frustrating for all of us as it's been going on for so long and neither Sonos or LG care enough to update us on what they are doing to fix it. Bear in mind that at least in Australia the RRP for the Base model C7 65 Inch OLED was $5,999 AUD. Add another $2,500 AUD for a 5.1 Sonos system and you have $8,500 AUD worth of equipment which can't even pass a f**king Dolby Digital 5.1 signal correctly. Technology which has been available for over 20 years now.
Badge +3
Hi

Agree. Never said it was new and indeed I mention the loss of the tv voice control. Although not an issue for me as don’t really have a use for it.

Just sharing so people who are still asking the question easily see a workaround.

Best regards

Josh
Userlevel 4
Badge +6
Hi

Read the other thread and start on the last couple of pages. I have the beam and yes it still is an issue with LG TVs. I explain how I have fixed it on there.

Regards

Josh

The fix you suggested is nothing new and is not an actual fix for the beam at all. It is well known with this issue that if you bypass the TV by using an optical switch you will not have the audio delay. It is not a sufficient fix for the Beam however, as using optical will get rid of a lot of the benefits of the Beam and HDMI ARC like controlling the TV with your voice.

If the Beam really does still have the delay with HDMI ARC then this is truly a Sonos AND LG problem as people with other soundbars using HDMI ARC are not experiencing an issue.
Badge +3
Hi

Read the other thread and start on the last couple of pages. I have the beam and yes it still is an issue with LG TVs. I explain how I have fixed it on there.

Regards

Josh
There's another thread around here around this. If I recall correctly, it isn't Dolby Digital that's the issue, it is the optical output. Since you're going to be using HDMI-ARC, I wouldn't think there would be the same issue.