Beam

• 20 November 2020
  • 1 reply

Will the Sonos beam work with my HDTV which has an optical input and can I stream music from Spotify that will play on the beam as well as my series 3 Sonos? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Lfoxman.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I appreciate your detailed post outlining your concern, let me help you out.

Sonos Beam requires a TV with an HDMI ARC port in order to use Amazon Alexa or the Google Assistant to control your TV. If your TV does not have an HDMI ARC port, you can connect Beam to a digital optical audio output using the optical audio adapter (only included with Arc and Beam). You will not be able to control your TV using voice when using the optical connection. You may refer to this article will describe some basic requirements when using Sonos speakers on your TV.

You can find more information on product features and specs on Beam's product page.

Yes, you can stream music and group two or more Sonos products together so they play the same content in sync. This article will show you how to group rooms, ungroup rooms, and change the volume of individual products in a group.

Hopefully, that helps, and if you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out, we’re always here to help.