Question

Bass and Play:1 cut out and then cut back in

• 24 February 2019
  • 3 replies

This occurs while I am watching television or listening to music while streaming form any source. I am considering buying 2 Play:5 speakers to enhance my system but I am now hesitant. This just started happening wiothint the last month, and my SONOS apps are up to date on both my PC and Android.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Sounds most likely like wifi interference, but I'd recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of replicating this issue, and either post the number here, or contact Sonos to discuss it. There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.
Thank you I have reset the controller and reinstalled the BOOST as well as the souind bar, Sub and 2 Series 1's. When I would llok at my system in the "My Sonos" the sub did not show as registered and there was a question mark for it in the room it was assigned to.
That's a fair indicator that there's an issue, to be sure. I'd recommend a quick power cycle of it, at the very least. When I was having that issue a few months ago, that fixed it. That will reset the software in the SUB, and attempt to reconnect it with a new IP address to your system. Of course, it could still be wifi interference, particularly in this case, the 5Ghz range, that might be blocking its ability to connect to the sound bar.