Audio drop outs when playing 4K Blu ray discs

• 14 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hi,

I’ve recently bought a Sony UBP-X700 4k Blu ray player. Up until now I’ve been using my PS5 but wanted to take advantage of the Dolby Vision and better quality from a 4K player.

However, any 4K disc that doesn’t output Dolby Atmos seems to have issues. It outputs the audio as Multichannel PCM 5.1 but every 20-30 seconds I get a momentary drop out of audio and sometimes no audio output at all. As I said Dolby Atmos plays fine.

My setup:

TV: LG C1

Sonos Beam 2

2x Ones as surround

Sub Gen 3

I had similar issues when first trying 4k discs on my PS5 but I bought a better HDMI cable and this seemed to fix the issue. I’ve done the same this time to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sam

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Badge

Make sure your TV settings are set to this:

HDMI Input Audio Format: Bitstream

Digital Sound Output: Pass Through

eARC Support: On

When playing DTS-encoded discs, set the Digital Audio Output setting on the Blu-ray player to PCM. When playing Dolby-encoded discs, set it to Auto. Also set BD Secondary Audio to OFF and Audio DRC to OFF.

And make sure to use the HDMI cable that came with the Beam. I would also try unplugging the Blu-ray player, TV, and Beam from power for a couple of minutes.

Really helpful, thank you. I’ll check this and come back.

Userlevel 7

Make sure your TV settings are set to this:

HDMI Input Audio Format: Bitstream

Digital Sound Output: Pass Through

eARC Support: On

When playing DTS-encoded discs, set the Digital Audio Output setting on the Blu-ray player to PCM. When playing Dolby-encoded discs, set it to Auto. Also set BD Secondary Audio to OFF and Audio DRC to OFF.

And make sure to use the HDMI cable that came with the Beam. I would also try unplugging the Blu-ray player, TV, and Beam from power for a couple of minutes.

Badge

Sounds like might be the same issue being discussed here

Thank you, will check out 👍🏼

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Sounds like might be the same issue being discussed here