Answered

audio description missing

• 30 June 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi all , hope you can once again help me out , in the notification panel on my phone it says " Dolby digital 5.1 " , which is great but when I watch something in Atmos it's blank ? As you can see , thanks 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 30 June 2022, 20:29

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

See my answer above. The Sonos app uses a Dolby Atmos image rather than actual text. The script for the notifications window is probably only designed to display text only, not an image. Maybe one day, Sonos will adjust this.

Userlevel 7

If you notice on the Now Playing screen in the Sonos app, when the audio format is displayed, it is displayed in actual text EXCEPT when you are playing Dolby Atmos content which displays the Atmos logo instead. You probably aren’t seeing “Dolby Atmos” displayed on the notification because the Sonos app uses the Dolby Atmos logo rather than text. But rest assured, as long as you see the Dolby Atmos logo on the Now Playing screen or “Dolby Atmos” under About My System, Dolby Atmos audio is playing.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Thanks for your reply , this is what's on the now playing screen , was just curious as to why it wouldn't show in the drop down