Answered

audio delay cant be adjusted out. Audio delays after video

• 23 February 2020
  • 6 replies

Audio on my Beam delays the simple hdmi connected Samsung TV

icon

Best answer by MSterling 25 February 2020, 00:03

Jschloss,  I would encourage you to search others and my posts to this exact issue.  The problem appears to be Samsung, and I have successfully implemented a workaround solution.  

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Hello @jschloss 

Welcome to the Sonos Community.

To get a better understanding of the delay that you are getting, what is the source of the content that you are playing from your Tv? ex. Streaming, Cable, Bluray.

I would like for you to submit a diagnostic while watching Tv and reply back with the number. This will allow us to see what could be causing the audio delay on your Beam.

What do you mean submit a diagnostic?

is that a video showing the audio delay?

Jeff

Here is how to submit a system diagnostic.

I don’t think they mean for you to create a video, just that you need to submit the diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing the delay issue, so that the pertinent data is included with the diagnostic. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Jschloss,  I would encourage you to search others and my posts to this exact issue.  The problem appears to be Samsung, and I have successfully implemented a workaround solution.  

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

@jschloss Have you ever been able to get the HDMI-ARC to work from your TV without the lag?  I’m still using the Optical out from my Cable box directly to the Beam,  the HDMI from the Cable box feeds the TV for the video.