Question

Audio Delay between Sony TV and Move when grouped with 5.1

• 24 July 2020
  • 3 replies

Just got the Move (beautifully designed speaker and sounds great for its size). Works perfectly when playing music simultaneously with my Playbar, Sub and 2x Sonos 3. However, only when using audio from TV has a massive audio delay through the Move, but not through all the other speakers. I can't find any settings on Sonos app or TV. Don't understand why there is only delay with the Move?

Any suggestions?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

This is to be expected as your Sonos system buffers audio across multiple rooms to ensure they are in sync. This isn't noticeable when listening to audio only but, as you are describing, creates servere lip sync issues when the source is audio visual.

Your surround sound TV room does not require this buffer, as by definition, all players are in close proximity.

Thankyou for your comment. I would like to use the Move to augment the Surround Sound, in the same room,  for the TV audio. So the buffering is not required for the Move either. Is there any way to disable the buffering? (BTW heartily agree with you reminder about red wine - esp Merlot).

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thankyou for your comment. I would like to use the Move to augment the Surround Sound, in the same room,  for the TV audio. So the buffering is not required for the Move either. Is there any way to disable the buffering? (BTW heartily agree with you reminder about red wine - esp Merlot).

😁🍷 Unfortunately there is no way to disable or configure the buffer duration.