Answered

Atmos with Arc

• 7 June 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Could you please kindly assist please…….again!

I bought a Arc and installed it ok, the problem is I cannot get any atmos on it?

The tv is Samsung 2017 model, if I look at the audio outputs there is no DD+ only DD and only see DD 5.1 in the Sonos app, is the DD+ format totally different to normal DD and should I be able to select DD+ in the audio settings? Maybe the tv is too old?

I am aware that the Arc needs to have a minimum of DD+ for it to play a compressed atmos

If I play a blu ray with atmos soundtrack I still only get DD 5.1, there is no tv setting for passthrough

would a HD Fury Arcana resolve this?

Also if I stream Amazon music ( not unlimited) via airplay should I see cd format 16bit 44khz in the app as I don’t😥

Thank you 👍

Martin

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 8 June 2022, 03:37

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

What exact Samsung model TV do you have? More than likely, your TV is a little too old and cannot pass through Dolby Atmos audio. But I’m a little surprised that it’s not at least playing Dolby Digital Plus audio. What exactly are you playing and from what device? What apps are you using?

There is a difference between DD+ and Dolby Digital. DD+ is commonly used on the major streaming services like Netflix and Disney+. Will you be able to hear a major difference between the two audio formats? Probably not.

To play Dolby Atmos or Dolby TrueHD audio from Blu-ray discs, you need a TV equipped with HDMI eARC, which your TV doesn’t support.

The HDFury Arcana will solve both of the problems above by allowing any external media device to bypass your TV’s limitations and send audio directly to the Arc. I use an Arcana with my Panasonic Blu-ray player, Apple TV 4K, and Roku Ultra and it works great.

When streaming music you will never see the bitrate and sample rate displayed in the Sonos app. But when streaming directly from the Sonos app, Amazon Music Unlimited subscribers will see an HD badge displayed when streaming lossless, 16-bit CD quality music or an Ultra HD badge displayed when streaming lossless, 24-bit, up to 192 kHz music. Standard Amazon Music subscribers can only play music at 320 kbps.