Answered

Atmos Surrounds Possibility?

• 24 December 2020
  • 31 replies

Show first post

31 replies

You don’t necessarily have to change the TV. Look at the threads about the HD Fury Arcana device, which can split out the Atmos signal before it reaches your TV set. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thanks for your sharing. But Im connecting to Netflix only through TV connection, how to use it ?  It is suppose to connect with other devices maybe then to soundbar and TV. But interesting stuff. 

Reread the FAQs on the HD Fury website. It’s possible, based on the diagrams, to get output from the TV into the Arcana device. Convoluted, but if you’d rather not buy a new TV….

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

I purchased a Chromecast with Google TV. Not only do I love the interface and how it brings all your steaming services together, it also supports Dolby Atmos. I can get Dolby Atmos with Netflix as well as Amazon Prime and Disney+. If Atmos is your is your only concern there may be better options for you but I had a few others issues that it also solved. Not bad for $50 in my opinion. 

Why not have the Arc send signals to a 3rd and 4th set of speakers (downward firing Amp / In-Ceiling combination) and then turn off / tone down the upward firing on Arc or sync as necessary, depending on the in-ceiling pair(s).  All the hardware exists to do that right now.  

I for example have a set of CWM684s in the wall behind powered by a Sonos Amp and two sets of CCM684s in the ceiling waiting for a Denon Amp to be installed, but if I could power them with another couple of Sonos Amps then I would abandon my Denon and have a true 5.2.4 Atmos (two Subs)!

All software…?

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

+1 for this, also tempted to jump ship and go for the Sony. Heard this the other day and the sound bubble is great compared to my Sonos Arc,sub and ones.