Answered

Arc TV sound cuts in and out.

Userlevel 2

Just got the Arc and have it paired with 2 Play:1’s and a gen 3 sub. 
Samsung Q80R tv. 

The sound from the tv will play for around 5 seconds and then cut out for around 1 second, play for 5, out for 1, on and on. 

I’ve swapped out the hdmi cable twice, tried unplugging the tv, switched between PCM and DD+ and switched between different apps on the tv. 

The sonos app shows that I am getting an atmos signal  

Was running a beam with the Play:1’s (but no sub) before just fine.

Not sure what I should try next.

Thank you,

mike

icon

Best answer by Corry P 9 March 2021, 17:51

View original

750 replies

Badge

The support told me that it will be deployed in the next official update (but don’t know when).

They only update the ARC firmware to 12.2.3, all others are still in 12.2.2

I think that they are in the test phase before wide deployment.

Badge

Excellent ! Tell us if the fix is good ! Here , same  issue With my Samsung qled 95t. The sonos arc sound cut off, its seems random… strange.. please dev sonos fix it :-) 

Mine is 55q95t so if it works for me it should work for you!

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Excellent ! Tell us if the fix is good ! Here , same  issue With my Samsung qled 95t. The sonos arc sound cut off, its seems random… strange.. please dev sonos fix it :-) 

Mine is 55q95t so if it works for me it should work for you!

Hope this next firmware fixes all the other TVs as well like the LG CX.

Ok ! Hope sonos team will fix it… ! i dont know if problem is sonos firmware or samsung firmware… suspens suspensss :-)

I constantly have an issue where my sonos arc stops producing sound. This usually happens when I switch apps, inputs or sometimes even after a youtube ad. Restart or switching back and forth between inputs again usually solves it but wondering if this is a known issues with the CX?

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

I constantly have an issue where my sonos arc stops producing sound. This usually happens when I switch apps, inputs or sometimes even after a youtube ad. Restart or switching back and forth between inputs again usually solves it but wondering if this is a known issues with the CX?

Yes, same issues here, Ive also heard in the past from others with similar issues, where the problem lies is anyones guess, I would presume its just flakey eARC on the CX or Sonos. 

I’m here 5-6 months down the line still waiting for a fix. Pretty shocking.

I should have returned the products earlier but I held out in hope Sonos/LG would find a solution.

Guys,is there a TV that actually works with Sonos Arc for ATMOS? So far it seems like LG, Samsung, Sony, Panasonic, TCL, Hisense, Vizio all have issue with the Sonos Arc with audio cut out issues and no fix available yet. Is there even a TV that work for people here?

Yep..my Sony works great. Sony came out with their firmware update a couple of months ago...no issues.

Dogdad, which Sony TV do you have? I’m thinking about pairing Sony A9G with Sonos Arc over eARC - that working now?

I’m in Australia.

I have a new Sonos Arc, Sub, Five and Samsung Q95T 75”.

Sound intermittently cuts out for a second every few seconds. Can be resolved by playing around with sound settings - but reverts back to same problem every time TV is turned off and on. Using in built streaming apps. 

Is there a solution that doesn’t involve me getting angry every time I turn on the TV and spending 5 mins changing settings, only to feel like I’m getting compromised sound as a result? 

Pretty sure all firmware is up to date. 

Thanks (hopefully) in advance!

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Guys,is there a TV that actually works with Sonos Arc for ATMOS? So far it seems like LG, Samsung, Sony, Panasonic, TCL, Hisense, Vizio all have issue with the Sonos Arc with audio cut out issues and no fix available yet. Is there even a TV that work for people here?

Yep..my Sony works great. Sony came out with their firmware update a couple of months ago...no issues.

Dogdad, which Sony TV do you have? I’m thinking about pairing Sony A9G with Sonos Arc over eARC - that working now?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I’m in Australia.

I have a new Sonos Arc, Sub, Five and Samsung Q95T 75”.

Sound intermittently cuts out for a second every few seconds. Can be resolved by playing around with sound settings - but reverts back to same problem every time TV is turned off and on. Using in built streaming apps. 

Is there a solution that doesn’t involve me getting angry every time I turn on the TV and spending 5 mins changing settings, only to feel like I’m getting compromised sound as a result? 

Pretty sure all firmware is up to date. 

Thanks (hopefully) in advance!

There is a promising Sonos update being tested with some on this forum, seems promising but too early to tell.  As long as this issue has been dragging on am wondering what I’ll get first, vaccine or fix!!

Until then, the only thing that has kept my cursing to a soft mumble instead of a screaming tirade every time I use the TV is a smart plug on the arc and keeping earc off. With that, I can reliably start a show and tell google home to restart the sound bar. That keeps things working for the duration of the show.  Keeping earc on is just too glitchy even after restart. 

I am a newbie here but read through all of the posts. I have put in my time and frustrations though. Brand new Samsung Picture Frame and Sonos ARC (among other Sonos devices in the home we just built). What a disappointment. What is crazy is the we had to go through so much tech support and even returned the ARC and got a new one before we realized what  was happening. The folks on Tech support do not know this and it was SUCH a waste of time. I wake up every morning and my ARC goes in and out when using the TV. Yes, I get behind the ARC, unplug it, plug it back in and it works well with the TV again (always works fine with the music). My cables were built in to my fireplace so its much more difficult. I do not want to give up the system I paid so much for and love so much when its working correctly.

Would love to be part of the test community - we are a technology family and a technology school educator.

It’s been a long time from what I have read here - some folks have been VERY patient. 

PLEASE PUSH OUT THE FIRMWARE!

Doug74 shows the ARC update that I can not get.  We can only get as far as 12.2.2  Would like to get the new update to see if it fixes the problem.

Badge

Hello,

After 3 days,

I can say that the patch works perfectly ! No cut, and it's something that has never happened in more than 3 months….

For those who can't have this patch, maybe you should take part of the Sonos beta program.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/2967?language=fr

This issue has been happening for weeks and like everyone else, I’m beyond frustrated. Read through most of this thread that’s documented this issue over the last 7 months, and good to see there’s some amount of progress on the forefront. I honestly can’t believe it’s taken this long for just a beta to get to testers hands. 

If any Sonos support people are still here, my diagnostic code is: 1338160169

I’d like to know if the same issue I’m experiencing is what has been identified by the engineers. 

I have already:

• Hard reset both the tv and Arc
  • ensured both are up to date on firmware and OS
  • swapped HDMI cables
  • changed the audio settings on my TV (Sony x900H)

Not sure if anyone else noted this, but this DOES ALSO happen to me sometimes when streaming Spotify over Airplay to the Arc. Some days are worse than others. Hoping for the new firmware to fix this issue as I am tired of dealing with this every day. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

For anyone wondering if this is your tv/streaming device or any hardware other than your Sonos Arc just know it's not. 

I bought my Sonos arc two weeks ago and before this I had a Samsung N850 soundbar paired with my samsung Q7FN tv and nvidia shield. Never one issue with that soundbar besides a audio delay. I heard good things about sonos arc so bought one. It's been a nightmare ever since. Anytime I play atmos audio it starts crackling. If we switch apps sling/Netflix, etc the sound drops off and we have to cycle our audio source for it to pick back up. Even when we are watching something on Sling TV app and the show/movie ends and goes to the next program the sound drops off. It's a joke. Someone here said a patch is on the way. I'll wait a few weeks for it. If not I'm returning this soundbar. I can't believe how much problems a soundbar can have. 

This issue has been happening for weeks and like everyone else, I’m beyond frustrated. Read through most of this thread that’s documented this issue over the last 7 months, and good to see there’s some amount of progress on the forefront. I honestly can’t believe it’s taken this long for just a beta to get to testers hands. 

If any Sonos support people are still here, my diagnostic code is: 1338160169

I’d like to know if the same issue I’m experiencing is what has been identified by the engineers. 

I have already:

• Hard reset both the tv and Arc
  • ensured both are up to date on firmware and OS
  • swapped HDMI cables
  • changed the audio settings on my TV (Sony x900H)

Not sure if anyone else noted this, but this DOES ALSO happen to me sometimes when streaming Spotify over Airplay to the Arc. Some days are worse than others. Hoping for the new firmware to fix this issue as I am tired of dealing with this every day. 

I have the same TV model with same issue. I can not watch full movie without restart the sonos Arc or TV. I am really disappointed in sonos support

Userlevel 1
Badge

following thread

I have a setup with Sonos Arc and Samsung The Frame 2020, and I have been experiencing the sound issues described by many users in this thread for months. 

After reading the latest posts from this thread, I contacted the Sonos customer support and explicitly asked for the updated received by some other users. Following a lengthy discussion and escalation to second line support, the update was pushed to my system. Since then, the problem has gone away so I can confirm that the update seems to work for me.

Let's hope that Sonos is able to release this fix automatically. Meanwhile, I recommend that you contact Sonos to get update (version 12.2.3 - build 61185070) pushed to your Arc.

Thanks Mikkos! Just opened discussions with Sonos support and got a case open. Took my diagnostics files & asked some more infos. It’s now apparently being forwarded to L2 support, from where they should be in touch to schedule a call to get things sorted. Here’s hoping to get this finally fixed.

I have a samsung TV and Arc this just started today, has worked just fine for a week. Not of the suggestions worked. So far netflix and prime app are cutting on and off

I have the Samsung frame tv and the arc, I have the same issues as everyone here-sound cutting in and out. I called their support and tried all the tricks, nothing work. At the end of all that the sonos rep said this was a known issue and Samsung and sonnos are working together, no timeline for a fix but the last update was December (whatever that means). I requested them to push the above-described build to my system and they said there was no solution yet and I would be updated by email when there was a solution. This is terrible spending this kind of money and getting a system that has to be physically unplugged each time I want to use it. I was a huge sonos fan prior to the arc-basically telling everyone to get sonos, but this is awful.

Knock on wood, mine started working again. I noticed in the sonos app my Arc and sub didn’t have system data. So I changed my input on my tv to the input my Arc is connected. After a min or so the system data loaded. I also checked my network connection in the app. I trying to change my Sonos channel but it wouldn’t let me. 

Well, with no date for the Samsung Frame TV issue, I returned the Arc and will wait for the fix before reordering. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Sonos, is there an ETA for pushing 12.2.3????

Badge

In Europe (Ireland at least), the Arc hasn’t been available to buy since around early December from what I’ve seen. I’ve had one on backorder for over a month now anyway. I’d assumed it was due to Covid related supply chain issues, but maybe they decided to do a hardware fix and are holding back orders until new versions are supplied. I’ve been told my backorder is due to ship any day now. Their website says new Arc orders still won’t ship until March 12th. My theory is just speculation. But if I’m right, I’m pleased they’re addressing it before shipping it. I’ll be using mine with an LG CX, so I hope there’s a fix one way or another before I receive my new Arc.

I live in Australia and have the Samsun 2020 Frame.

A couple of emails detailing the issue and this thread and I have been pushed the patch.

The patch workaround consists of the below.

While we are still assisting Samsung in figuring out what is going on, we have been able to develop a quick fix that just disables the screensaver you see when you go to the HDMI input that the Arc is plugged in to, this seems to resolve the issue with getting no sound.

Not sure if this affects other tv’s in the same way, but just glad I’ll have a fix when i get home