Answered

Arc TV sound cuts in and out.

Userlevel 2

Just got the Arc and have it paired with 2 Play:1’s and a gen 3 sub. 
Samsung Q80R tv. 

The sound from the tv will play for around 5 seconds and then cut out for around 1 second, play for 5, out for 1, on and on. 

I’ve swapped out the hdmi cable twice, tried unplugging the tv, switched between PCM and DD+ and switched between different apps on the tv. 

The sonos app shows that I am getting an atmos signal  

Was running a beam with the Play:1’s (but no sub) before just fine.

Not sure what I should try next.

Thank you,

mike

icon

Best answer by Corry P 9 March 2021, 17:51

View original

748 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Ok, I just had this issue again on my Sony KD-65AG9. Even more I also was able to re-enable and re-disable it on command.

I submitted diagnostics twice. 

When the system was not responding: 1012344594
When the system was responding: 846684211

I went into the sound options of the television. When I have Auto 1 selected, the sound stays away. When I have Auto 2 selected the sound returns. When I again select Auto 1, the sound again disappears. So this probably has something to do with the behavior behind these options; e.g. audio compression/decompression.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Ok, I just had this issue again on my Sony KD-65AG9. Even more I also was able to re-enable and re-disable it on command.

I submitted diagnostics twice. 

When the system was not responding: 1012344594
When the system was responding: 846684211

I went into the sound options of the television. When I have Auto 1 selected, the sound stays away. When I have Auto 2 selected the sound returns. When I again select Auto 1, the sound again disappears. So this probably has something to do with the behavior behind these options; e.g. audio compression/decompression.

So are you saying auto 2 is the better choice?

Userlevel 3
Badge

I really don’t know. I will keep the Auto 2 setting for now and see if the issue also happens when this selected.

I have exactly the same issue with my Arc, annoyingly I have had to just turn it off and leave it off, it’s annoying the whole family. When we switch between Apps 7 times out of 10 it’s fine and the other times it cuts out and no way of getting it back without rebooting the ARC.

after having read all of the threads it’s kinda disgusting that you can pay that much money for a product and still what seems to be 5 months later SONOS have not fixed the issue…

Where do we stand with a refund? My Arc is roughly 2 months old????

awful product!!!!!

BTW I have a Sony Tv and have tried just about everything you can try on these forums, prioritisation, auto 1 & 2, changed the HDMI cable, even changed the channels on my router so the tv and the arc are aligned. From what I can see Sonos need to get their act together and get this sorted pronto!!!! I have a house full of Sonos gear. This has annoyed me so much I wish i had never invested in it.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

BTW I have a Sony Tv and have tried just about everything you can try on these forums, prioritisation, auto 1 & 2, changed the HDMI cable, even changed the channels on my router so the tv and the arc are aligned. From what I can see Sonos need to get their act together and get this sorted pronto!!!! I have a house full of Sonos gear. This has annoyed me so much I wish i had never invested in it.

Supposedly, Sony has an update that has resolved this issue. But not everyone is getting the update at the same time. 

Dogdad

Thanks I am in the process of reading up on exactly that, I will update the forum on how I get on. I am going to try the flash drive update as it’s the only way other than waiting for the staggered updates from Sony.

thanks again. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Any updates from Sonos on this issue?

LG CX still getting dropouts/silence when switching between sources on occasions. 

Ok all

i have managed to download the new firmware for my Sony TV and have to say was quite easy to transfer from a flash disc and update myself. The new Sony setup seemed to focus more on E Arc prompting set up and testing of the sound bar. So far so good and it also sorted out controlling Sky from HDMI (which I could do before but that would drop too) so hopefully both issues sorted.

will keep you posted.

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/downloads/00017075

All

just also wanted to add that I had lip sync issues depending on the app or sky etc, all have seemed to have gone away since the update.

I will keep you posted on the dropping out, been switching between apps and no problems so far.

will report back in a weeks time.

Badge

Well after much deliberation for weeks I decided on the Arc, Sub and two Play1’s, hoping Sonos would at least put their head above the parapet and acknowledge this major problem. There are many hundreds of complaints and suggestions on how to resolve this persistent issue but none from Sonos. My tv is not eArc or Dolby Atmos (that baby will be here in May when I have the dosh), however my present TV is a decent 55’ samsung 4K which I have had for 4 years and never ever had a problem with several soundbars with  sound cut out. I have tried both wifi connection and ethernet connection to all my Sonos setup pieces and gone through just about every suggestion I have come across only for the problem to return in a short space of time. Some say it only happens occassionally and only certain channels,which os ‘ok’...realy ?. If I am going to drop 2K on a soundbar then ‘ok’ is not going to cut it. I really do like Sonos and also have an Amp, sub and two speakers in my kitchen which work perfectly well. I shall perservere with this lot over Xmas (at least I shall have 95% decent sound) and if it is still an issue into January then, sorry Sonos but it’s all coming back to you as I just cant be arsed faffing around with it any more, and I shall purchase another alternative top quality tried and tested soundar and sub for my new TV when I get it. 

My sound disappears sometimes when I change the channel on my set-top box.  It stays off thereafter, whichever channel I select…  ...unless…  ...I go back to the original channel (when the sound worked) - and it comes back.  It is usually OK thereafter when I channel hop some more.  Obviously this isn’t a fix, but it may minimize the ‘faff’ for some folks.  It’s an LG 8k TV

Sonos please fix this! We are having this problem too for weeks. Everytime we power the tv, the problem occurs. We tested all your proposed “solutions”, but none of them work! This is clearly a wide spead problems, which should not occur in such a setup (Arc, 2 Ones and a sub). Get us a software fix or whatever, this has been around for months and still no real solution!

Badge

My sound disappears sometimes when I change the channel on my set-top box.  It stays off thereafter, whichever channel I select…  ...unless…  ...I go back to the original channel (when the sound worked) - and it comes back.  It is usually OK thereafter when I channel hop some more.  Obviously this isn’t a fix, but it may minimize the ‘faff’ for some folks.  It’s an LG 8k TV

I still stand behind my point that if I am spending 2k on a Sonos setup (brand new) I don’t want or even expect any faff whatsoever.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Similar here with LG CX but more when switching from another device like apple tv 4k or xbox back to live tv, (no sound), if I switch to analogue channel and back to digital live tv channel it brings the sound back.

So many different audio issues, and Sonos don’t seem to want to respond to this thread lately to give us some hope that they are looking into it, unreal after spending so much money on the ARC and a Sub.

Same as above. I have a Samsung frame. I need to unplug the arc every time I turn the tv on in order for the sound to work. Otherwise, I get about 1 second of audio followed by 3 seconds of silence.  Please help!  Sounds great when it works.  

I have the same TV and the same issue above. I typically have to power cycle the Arc. Not fun when its mounted and plugged into the outlet behind the TV 

Also, I’ve notice I cannot join other speakers to the arc without it failing, unless I have at least one device plugged into the network. If everything is on wireless, I have no issues joining speakers/sub to other speakers etc., only when I have to pair it with the ARC :(

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Just got the notice from Sony that my XBR 65X950G tv has a new software update, and it supposedly fixes my issue of audio drop outs when going to In app Netflix. It’s down loaded so we shall see. If this fixes it, it may not be a Sonos issue. 

I don’t see this in the US version of the update.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Look at the yellow highlight area..

I got the ARC and the Sony X900H, also have the same issue with audio cutting in and out after a few seconds. I already updated the tv on the latest firmware. I already tried everything that Sonos suggested.

I did not see this either.

Same problem here with Arc connected to Sony AG9 using supplied HDMI, no Sony update available for me here in the UK.

I also experience Google assistant nutting my sound and butting in when no command given, I wonder is it related?

I have to agree with Heavyend81..."I still stand behind my point that if I am spending 2k on a Sonos setup (brand new) I don’t want or even expect any faff whatsoever"

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

For some time mine was acceptable. I only had complete audio drops once  every 3-5 days when switching source. But after the latest update its happening 1-3 times a day. 

For some time mine was acceptable. I only had complete audio drops once  every 3-5 days when switching source. But after the latest update its happening 1-3 times a day. 

Is that happening with TV audio (built in Apps) or from Apps running on a connected device to one of the TV HDMI ports ...or all types of audio, including music playback from the Sonos App? I just ask that, as there are a variety of things that can cause each of the playback ‘interruption’ issues, depending on the actual audio source to the HT setup.

If it’s from built-in Apps from devices connected to the TV, for example, then I would perhaps take a closer look at the HDMI-CEC implementation on the connected peripherals, whereas if it is happening with Music playback, it’s more likely a wired, or wireless, local network issue causing the audio buffering process to fall-over. Of course it maybe a combination of both.

It’s ‘perhaps’ less-likely it’s going to be the recent software update that’s causing the issue, but at the very least, I would perhaps try to eliminate those other things first. It should not have been happening at all, even before the update, if all was well with your setup.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Its only related to my tv and eARC. And its been there a long time. My audio drops completly when switching source - native appe, tv tuner and Apple tv 4K.