Arc out of sync with picture

• 10 June 2021
  • 6 replies

Hi All,

I just grabbed an Arc, and set it up the other day and the audio was noticeably out of sync while watching Netflix. I tried adjusting the delay setting in the app, but nothing helped. I'm using a Sony Bravia X800H, and I'm connected to the ARC port since there's no eARC. I’ve been trying to figure this out few a few days now. And there’s no AV sync option on my tv. At least I can’t find it. Any advice? I’m thinking of returning it.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Hi.  There are numerous threads on here about this issue.  When the TV delivers the audio to an external speaker with a lag, there is nothing the external speaker can do about it.  It cannot play the audio before it receives it.  This is not a fault with the Arc, although that does not necessarily help you.  For Netflix, are you using the internal TV app or an external source such as an Amazon Firestick?

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

You could try turning off any sound processing if sound is lagging. Might help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/sony/x800h indicates substantial lag in this TV unless Game Mode is enabled. It also says the latest firmware has a bug where Game Mode is “forgotten” after a power cycle.

if this doesn’t help, switch to the TV’s optical output instead as TVs generally mess that up less often than HDMI audio.

I’m using an internal app. Bummer about the input lag. I wish I had known before getting this tv. Are there any 40” TV’s that don’t have much input lag?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I’m using an internal app. Bummer about the input lag. I wish I had known before getting this tv. Are there any 40” TV’s that don’t have much input lag?

So did you try optical output? A lot simpler than getting a new TV.

The rtings site lists latency for hundreds of TVs.

Going optical unfortunately didn’t solve the issue. I returned the Arc and am trying out the Beam. For some reason the audio is now pretty much in sync with the picture using the Beam.