Answered

ARC & Optical Connecting Issues w/ Beam

My LG Television will not connect to my newly purchased Beam. Have tried both the ARC and Optical with no luck. The sound does work with Spotify but not the TV? Anyone with similar issues that has a resolution?
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 20 July 2018, 19:26

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi Petelrob, you'll want to make sure that you have the speaker settings on that TV set to External Speakers. Also, check out that you have CEC enabled on the HDMI-ARC port. I believe that LG calls it SIMPLINK.

If you're having trouble with setup, feel free to give us a call.
Both items have been addressed and still no connection can be found.
Then perhaps that call he suggested might be in order?
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Then perhaps that call he suggested might be in order?
Agreed, just before you do that, I'd also suggest trying out a new HDMI cable, just in case there's an issue with the one you're using.
HDMI cable I was using was the one that was supplied with the Beam i just purchased. It was however the issue, once swapped with a different HDMI cable the unit worked right away.

Now how do I go about getting reimbursed for the faulty cable?
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Glad it was just the cable. If you give us a call on the support or sales lines they can help get that cable swapped out.
Have exactly the same problem. Are Sonos using cheap cables? because I’ve read a lot of posts about tho. My issue is still unresolved.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi Clooglys, have you tried swapping out the cable and that fixed things or are you just having ARC issues in general with your TV and Beam? Not all ARC or CEC issues are due to the cable, in fact, most don't have anything to do with the cable being used. But it certainly is a good variable to check.

We'd love to help if you're having trouble. The more details the better to help get you all sorted out.
Badge
I have an older LG Smart TV that has an Optical/HDMI ARC port but has nothing stating CEC connection.. My Playbar worked no problem with two Play:1's set up for surround sound on this tv for the past year. Volume worked on my tv remote and sound was great. I decided the Beam was better for me because I live in a very small apartment now and the Playbar is too big to have sitting on my media center. I got the Beam connected and sound comes out of it from the tv with the External Speaker Optical/HDMI ARC selected for Sound Out but the two Play:1's aren't working with it. They work fine when I stream music through my Sonos App. Can someone please help. I am a female and NOT skilled with Audio at all. I also have PLAY:5 connected to my ProJect turntable. Thank you so much.
I am using my Samsung TV to Sonos Beam with Sonos One Surrounds. Connected by HDMI -ARC. It worked great. But after turning off TV and leaving for awhile, it stopped working and TV defaults back to its own speakers. I've researched this and seems to be a previously identified issue. I've tried power cycling (which works). But same thing happens once we stop watching and come back a few hours later. I've tried removing other HDMI devices. I've gone into the Anynet+ settings to change speakers to "receiver". And it will work, but will revert back. Obviously can't keep doing this every time I watch TV. The system sounds amazing (when it works). Is my only option to go optical? Or is there a more durable solution?
Badge
I thought the HDMI-Arc was Optical. The connector that attaches to the HDMI cable that came with it went straight into the port I was using with my Playbar. It's really confusing to me. And compared to the Playbar, the sound doesn't seem as good in my opinion. I am going to call Sonos later today to see if I can get some help.
Same issue for me. I purchased Lindy HDMI CEC Less Adapter, Female to Male (41232) from amazon which fixed the issue
I had this same problem but it is fixed ! Neither the straight HDMI nor the optical setup would work between my LG 47SL90 & the Beam - after trying 4 different HDMI cables, and both a HDI & optical connection. Decided I just wanted the optical output working. Called LG who got Sonos on the line, walked thru everything with both. Sonos had me send them diagnostics. I then plugged in the HDMI/optical connection to TV & Beam.Sonos had me unplug both the TV and the Beam, plug them back in. Once the Beam LED light changed from flashing to solid, in the Sonos app, I went to Browse--> TV --> Setup. Setup immediately started up the sound off the TV thru the Beam !! Major Kudos to LG & Sonos for exceptional support !