Question

Arc not connecting to TV

• 19 October 2020
  • 3 replies

I just bought the surround sound system with arc. The arc sound bar won’t connect to my tv sound. It only works for music right now. I have the sound settings changed to external speaker. The hdmi is plugged into the hdmi arc port and then into the sound bar. I went through the set up steps and when I test the connection it tells me “arc mode not connected”. 
I talked to someone at Best Buy they told me to change the settings on my arc to “arc” not “eArc”. Not sure where that setting is either. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Try disconnecting any other devices connected to your other HDMI ports. I had a similar issue.

My tv comes from a fire stick (YouTube tv) which requires one of the hdmi ports. I can’t unplug that if I want to hear tv sound. I’ve tried unplugging and plugging them back in. Still same result 

Take a look at the software for your TV, and see if there are any updates. After that, unplug the TV from the wall for 2 minutes, then plug it back in. Double check that the HDMI cable to the Arc is indeed connected to an HDMI port on your TV that is labeled ARC. Make sure that HDMI CEC (or whatever your TV manufacturer calls it) is turned on. 

Puneet’s suggestion is a good one, too. There are some devices that interfere with HDMI CEC (ARC), so make sure the only thing plugged in to up your TV is the Firestick, and nothing else. Double check the settings on the Firestick to make sure that not only is it up to date with firmware, but if it has an option to turn on HDMI CEC, it is turned on.