Question

Arc Issues

• 20 December 2020
  • 1 reply

I brought home an Arc yesterday and following set-up, have run into numerous issues (I’m a long-time Sonos user, have 5 other speakers, have never had issues).  It’s connected to a brand new Sony A8H, with I believe all settings properly configured (eARC < Auto, Pass-thru < Auto, etc.).  

Some issues I’ve encountered so far:

• Wildly inconsistent when playing music, especially in tandem with other speakers.  Three quarters of the time the speaker doesn’t even appear in the app..
    • Get frequent errors, delays and pauses when trying to start music when in the rare situation, the Arc does appear within the app
    • When appearing in the app and playing music (a rare situation), volume is finicky and delayed when trying to control thru the app (might take 5 seconds for the volume to adjust to desired level).
  • Arc seems to work when using as a soundbar with my TV - but similar to the above issue, most of the time doesn’t appear in the app.
  • When testing with Atmos (using built-in Netflix app) - and in the rare situation, the Arc is showing in the app (and displaying “Dolby Atmos”) - I truly hear no difference between Atmos and non...am I missing any other obvious settings from my TV? 

So far this has been a very frustrating ordeal, especially when I’ve never run into any real issues across my Sonos network.  Any ideas?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @TW44

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for letting us know about your concern. To help you check with your Arc issues and why it doesn't appear in the Sonos app, I'll be requesting a diagnostic report submitted from your Sonos system. Please don't forget to include the confirmation numbers in your response to look into it and find out the cause. We'll wait for your reply.

Please feel free to reach out if you have further questions or concerns, we’ll be glad to assist you.