Answered

Apple TV and Sonos Beam with Airplay 2

• 7 June 2021
  • 1 reply

I use an Apple TV connected to a projector -- both of which sit behind the sofa. The projection happens to a screen about 10ft away, where I have a Sonos beam placed. The Apple TV should connect to the Sonos Beam via Airplay 2. There is no TV anywhere.

This setup was working till about a few days ago. Then it stopped working .

1. The Sonos Beam can connect and play from my iPhone
  2. The Apple TV can play to other speakers in the house.
  3. The Apple TV shows the Sonos beam among the options available for sound, but when I choose it, nothing happens - no sound.
  4. In the Apple TV menu, the sound output is TV (which in this case refers to the projector’s audio) and the sound format is Dolby 5.1

I am at my wits end on why it stopped working. One change is that I installed a new SSID for my home office.

The previous SSID has remained as is. All entertainment devices are connected to that. So it should not be a factor.

Any help on how to debug would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 8 June 2021, 00:05

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

Have you tried unplugging your projector, speakers, and Apple TV from power for about a minute and rebooting your router and phone?