Question

Apple TV 4K and LG CX audio settings question

• 12 September 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi

I have seen a lot of posts about audio issues with apple tv 4k box, and thought I would have similar, I was reading to get atmos and then 5.1 audio you had to manually switch settings on the apple tv box.

I just played an movie in atmos and another movie in Dolby Digital 5.1 without having to change settings. Just curious why It seems fine here, is it because I have full eARC chain?

I do have one issue though I exited an atmos movie and I got stuttering audio, I also get that zip noise that people have mentioned.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @ledzep1, thanks for reaching out with the Sonos Community! Great to hear things are working and not all should always be affected if we have the right set up. 

About the issue, what is your source for that? Is it only happening to one movie? Tell us more here and we’d love to help you. 

Just let us know. We and the community are always here to help.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @ledzep1, thanks for reaching out with the Sonos Community! Great to hear things are working and not all should always be affected if we have the right set up. 

About the issue, what is your source for that? Is it only happening to one movie? Tell us more here and we’d love to help you. 

Just let us know. We and the community are always here to help.

Hi

I need to test few more movies with same audio to see if I get same results, I will update this thread soon.

But the source was apple tv 4k watching an apple iTunes movie (Spiderman into the Spiderverse). It played the atmos track perfectly fine, its when I exited the movie back to the movies pop up menu, the audio was stuttering.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @ledzep1, thanks for your reply. Yes, keep us posted here because maybe it’s something to do to your source. If you can try a different source of a movie or any content, let us know. We and the community are always here to help.