App doesn't see the Beam and no sound coming from TV

• 14 December 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge

Sometimes like today I got up turned on the TV and tried to play something from my Apple TV which is connected to my Sony X800H tv.  The Sony via hdmi and ARC port are connected to my Beam.  Several times the app would not see the Beam.  Turned iPhone 8 off and on, powered off the tv, the Beam (not in order), using the Sony remote switched to Internal speakers, then to Audio system or external speakers.

prior to this morning i had put the Apple tv to sleep, not off, and did not power off the tv.  in the middle of all this I wiggled the hdmi cable connection to the Beam.  Aftr all that I have audio on my Beam from the Apple Tv app through the Sony ARC port

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi there @randyps

Thanks for reaching out, let me check it for you.

If I understand it correctly, you are now getting audio from the Beam and that’s after you wiggled the HDMI cable connection. It sounds like it is a loose connection if that is the case. For us to find out what is happening, please submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app when the issue occurs, and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system, it will help in identifying what's possibly causing the issue. 

I’m looking forward that the issue will not re-occur, but if it will, don’t hesitate to reach out.