Annoying message on TV when using Roku remote to control Playbar

• 20 August 2018
  • 2 replies

I’ve cut the cord and added a Roku Ultra to my Samsung smart TV and Playbar/sub. The Roku remote easily took control of Playbar volume, however the TV now displays the annoying “Audio out” dialogue every time I change the volume with said remote. The following article has fixes for a variety of remotes, but not Roku:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/2072?language=en_US

Is there a way to eliminate this annoying message when using volume control on the Roku remote?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

We're having a similar experience although in our case, we're using the Sonos Beam. We got rid of the annoying message when we were using a Comcast/Xfinity remote, but unfortunately, the article you referred to doesn't list a way to accomplish steps to eliminate the annoying message with the Roku remote.

Exact same problem, hope someone has a fix
We're having a similar experience although in our case, we're using the Sonos Beam. We got rid of the annoying message when we were using a Comcast/Xfinity remote, but unfortunately, the article you referred to doesn't list a way to accomplish steps to eliminate the annoying message with the Roku remote.