Question

"All Stereo Sound needed for TV Playbar & Play/Surround Speakers"

• 3 November 2016
  • 1 reply

Help.... Hope you add the feature for 'all stereo sound option for PlayBar & Play/Surround Speakers for TV. Most of the time, the Surround is useless and have to crank up the Playbar for the voice aspect of the shows. I disabled my surround, as most programs don't use it and I would rather have the voice/narrative aspect of the shows coming through the speakers - then group them. Unfortunately, having drop-outs consistently and hoping that SONOS adds that option. According to the Tech Support Rep, it a questions/feature that many would like and hope it gets incorporated in a future software release.
Thanks!!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
The Playbar does have ALL STEREO Surround. It's called Full mode. It only works when listening to Sonos music. When full mode is activated all Sonos Music played via network is ALL STEREO. Everything from the digital input (TV) is still stereo. It has been asked many times for a toggle in the TV menu like the voice mode and night mode that would allow ALL STEREO when listening to TV as well.

But it works well for music.

Go into settings...room settings for your playbar ... and I believe there is advanced audio option where you select FULL Mode.