Answered

Airplay and sorround simultaneously no-no?

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

33 replies

Really? I couldn’t see any way of doing that. I could only set up a new room with all units or add the two new units to thenroom with the playbar.
Odd. Perhaps you might want to contact Sonos to discuss it. I tend to suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available, but are only available during business hours. Both the Twitter and Facebook support folks are available 24/7.

Usually, when you "add a speaker" using the controller, it will ask you if you want to add it to a current room, or create a new room. Probably best for you to work this out with Sonos directly. Certainly would be much better than returning the speakers.
If I can’t use it with modern technology, I’d say it’s outdated technology-wise. But thanks for your help during this thread.
Userlevel 1
Badge +2

No one said you were dumb, just use common sense and quit being a Sonos disciple.  Will let you grow as an individual.  Why do you think Apple sells a ton of Pro type devices for higher prices and higher margins.  Because they are the best of the best of their products.  They don’t put that tech in the lower end products first it goes to their top line products.  Any company can figure that out and follow that model.

Consumers want that and Apple’s model has shown that as have others.  Wake up and learn.  I know I will be returning my PlayBar until Sonos updates it.  Not paying more for less tech wise and many others feel the same, as in all the forums, constantly seeing the similar comments..  Just pure laziness on Sonos part!

DBV,

I’m sure the Sonos Beam has proved to be a top seller, in the same way the Play:1’s were a top seller too… In Apple’s case the iPhone XR was/is their best selling iPhone (despite it being cheaper)… so I think these manufacturers know exactly what they are doing.

Badge

When “bonding” speakers for true Dolby 5.1 surround sound, why can’t the One speaker be the “master” so that AirPlay is still available?  Seems like a software update could enable this capability without even having to upgrade their hardware lineup.

When “bonding” speakers for true Dolby 5.1 surround sound, why can’t the One speaker be the “master” so that AirPlay is still available?  Seems like a software update could enable this capability without even having to upgrade their hardware lineup.

It cannot.  The master needs to process 5.1 audio into separate streams, and the One cannot do this, it lacks the hardware.  

Badge

Thank you @jgatie