Answered

Airplay and sorround simultaneously no-no?

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

33 replies

If I can’t use it with modern technology, I’d say it’s outdated technology-wise. But thanks for your help during this thread.
Odd choice, but it's yours to make. So far, none of the Sonos speakers I've purchased have gone out of date. It's been quite a few years, so far I'm quite pleased.
The shop, where I bought them confirmed that I would have the change the configuration if I want to switch between airplay and sorround, so I returned the Ones and was fully refunded. Looking for a replacement for the PlayBar now other than $onos$ as it would probably be outdated as soon just like the other units.
Odd. Perhaps you might want to contact Sonos to discuss it. I tend to suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available, but are only available during business hours. Both the Twitter and Facebook support folks are available 24/7.

Usually, when you "add a speaker" using the controller, it will ask you if you want to add it to a current room, or create a new room. Probably best for you to work this out with Sonos directly. Certainly would be much better than returning the speakers.
Really? I couldn’t see any way of doing that. I could only set up a new room with all units or add the two new units to thenroom with the playbar.
No, just set them up as a separate room. Then you can "group" the PLAYBAR room with the Sonos One, and get the sound through both "rooms".
Thanks for getting back so fast. The only thing I wanted was to use airplay on the Playbar (like any other device I own). Guess I’ll just have them to return them to then?
When you 'bond' a speaker to a PLAYBAR, the PLAYBAR then becomes the "control" device and as such your AirPlay 2 would be disabled. You're better off reconnecting your two PLAY:1s to be used as surround speakers, and use the Sonos One gen 2 speakers elsewhere, where they can be used for AirPlay 2, and then you can "group" the PLAYBAR's room with them as well, if desired.