Question

Adjust eq on rear speakers

• 9 October 2016
  • 4 replies

Anyone know if it is posible to adjust eq on rear speakers in a 5.1 setup? I have my two play 1 s in each corner and the walls eats alot of the treble. Any ideas of what to do. Obviosly moving the speakers is not an option, and if seperate eq is not an option eiether i would very much suggest it in a future update. Regards

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Obviosly moving the speakers is not an option, and if seperate eq is not an option eiether i would very much suggest it in a future update. Regards

Could you elaborate on why the speakers can't be moved? In the meantime maybe this link will offer some assistance: https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2938#surround_settings
I have my two play 1 s in each corner and the walls eats alot of the treble.
Walls aren't known to do that, if the speakers are aimed at the listening position, which should be possible from any corner placement.

Perhaps you are expecting more output from a surround speaker than what it is designed to deliver and/or what the track carries by way of surround content.
Hello again.
When I say that it is not possible to move the speaker, it is because it must fit into the room's furniture and decor. It is true that the walls do not eat treble but I have experienced that the sound is a little wrapped when it hangs in the corner. I tried to unbound both p1s from my sourround setup and do the true play setting on them and that makes them sound fantastic. I just want to make it possible to use true play on playbar.

Cheers

Btw sorry for bad english
Userlevel 7
OK...

As far as your English...that's my native tongue and I misspell and mispronounce at times. So no worries :)

TruePlay does not work with the Sound Bar. If the link I provided earlier did not lend any assistance and you can't adjust the position of the surrounds then there's not much that can be done. Just make sure they Play 1's are at ear level (or slightly above) when seated.

The only other suggestion I have at this point is to replace the Play 1's with 3's. Although it may not make a huge difference...so if you do decide to spend the money make sure you can return them. The other down side is if you already have the Play 1's on customized stands you'll have to invest in the same for the Play 3's. The Play 3 swap can be an expensive solution :(

Good Luck....Cheers!