Question

Adding Play 1s and True Play

• 1 August 2017
  • 6 replies

Badge
I'm planning on adding a pair of Play 1s for surround. Have a Playbar and Subwoofer. I tried searching but couldn't find a definitive answer. Only how to add them. Do I need to do another True Play calibration run when I add them? Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

In the controller app, there's an area to add a speaker. You'd use that area, and then, if I recall, stereo pair them, and finally add them as surrounds. It's been several years, it's possible that you might add them immdiately as surrounds, I honestly don't remember.

In fact, I'd recommend that you read the FAQ:

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2938/~/setting-up-surround-sound-with-the-sonos-playbar-or-playbase

Yes, I would highly recommend that you run TruePlay after adding them.
Badge
In the controller app, there's an area to add a speaker. You'd use that area, and then, if I recall, stereo pair them, and finally add them as surrounds. It's been several years, it's possible that you might add them immdiately as surrounds, I honestly don't remember.

In fact, I'd recommend that you read the FAQ:

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2938/~/setting-up-surround-sound-with-the-sonos-playbar-or-playbase

Yes, I would highly recommend that you run TruePlay after adding them.

Thanks! Yep, that's the support page I read . The instructions weren't clear on whether to do a True Play run or not. But I will anyway.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Adding surrounds and a Sub to a Playbar/Playbase is a whole new audio system. I assume that if you add surrounds to a Playbar that has been TruePlayed that will wipe out the original tune. But certainly it makes sense that TruePlay needs to be done again as its a different set up entirely
Heh. Having written my fair share of FAQs, it's impossible to cover every person's needs, so I completely understand. You always try to cover the major issues, but sometimes there's one thing that you miss. I've spent time rewriting my FAQs on many occasions. 🙂
Badge
Heh. Having written my fair share of FAQs, it's impossible to cover every person's needs, so I completely understand. You always try to cover the major issues, but sometimes there's one thing that you miss. I've spent time rewriting my FAQs on many occasions. :)

Yep. I definitely get it. 🙂. I picked my pair of Play 1s today and in the setup process it mentions it there. I have to wait for my pair of stands for final placement before I do a recalibration. Sounds pretty darn decent now. Look forward to after a True Play run.
Yup, that was my experience. Impressed as hell when I first added them. Played with the controls on my own, was even more impressed. Then they came out with the TruePlay option finally this year, and it just got better. Enjoy!