Question

Adding new Soundbar to existing system

• 8 November 2016
  • 3 replies

I have two Play 1, a sub, and connect. I'm trying to add a playbar but it won't let me add it to the same room with the iphone ap. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
It works the other way around. IE Add the Playbar to the room with your TV and THEN add the Surrounds and Sub to the Playbar room.

It sounds like the Plays and Sub are already in the room you want the Playbar in - Just change the name of the room in the controller.
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
If you have upgraded sonos to version 7beta, then no iOS devices will let you add new gear. iOS controllers will be in "partial compatibility mode", until full release.
Use android or pc/laptop instead, or opt out of beta and return everything to version 6.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Welcome to the community, JDoodle. If you are unable to add components, it will be down to an issue with the version installed on the controller you are attempting to do this on. Are you running the Beta at the moment? Or are you perhaps using an outdated or incompatible version of iOS? Please see our product guide for the iOS controller for more information. Especially on page 4:

"New to Sonos?
It takes just a few steps to get your Sonos system up and running. Unpack the Sonos products you purchased and refer to
the Quickstart Guide included in the box. Once you have set up your Sonos system, you can easily download and install the
Sonos Controller App for iPhone. The Sonos Controller App is compatible with iOS 6.0 and higher. Certain features may require
later versions of iOS."

Please let us know if you have any further questions