Adding a silent setting to surround music playback tab in room settings?

• 4 September 2014
  • 7 replies

Badge
I don't know if its already ben asked, but could a 'silent' setting be added to the music playback section for surrounds in the room settings? so when 2 channel music is selected to be played they don't receive any signal, then when TV is selected they perform as normal? The full range setting just sounds wrong to my ears, and the ambient setting makes the music sound far too processed I know you can turn them off, but its a real faff to go into the menus, turn them off, then when you go back to surround, turn them back on. a simple one time selection then not have to mess around would be ideal, IMO.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17
There should be 2 additional options: - surrounds off - music comes only from playbar + sub. As if you have no surrounds. - playbar off - music comes in full from surrounds + sub and playbar is off. As if you only have 2 x play's + sub +1 from me !
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
Also, these options should be available from the playbar now playing screen along with night mode and speech enhancement.
Badge
2 years and still not sorted.. I see theres an option to turn the surrounds down while playing music but there is still sound coming from the rears, this still adds an ambience which sounds dreadful. mute for music option please!
2 years and still not sorted.. I see theres an option to turn the surrounds down while playing music but there is still sound coming from the rears, this still adds an ambience which sounds dreadful. mute for music option please!

It probably hasn't been done because this is the only thread in two years to ask for it, everyone else is asking for the opposite, which is why the Full setting was introduced.
Doesn't power off/on as needed do what is required?
Badge
Doesn't power off/on as needed do what is required?
it does but its buried in the menu which is a faff. the option to turn the volume down is welcome, but at its lowest setting it doesn't completely mute the rears which is a bit odd. I can't believe Im the only one that doesn't have the rears on when listening to music? as for leaving them on and full, that is just awful IMO. ambient I can sort of understand if you like the effect it makes, but full..?
Power on/off is at the mains switch/sockets. Not an elegant approach and doing this often will affect equipment life, but is a viable option for occasional needs as a workaround. Leave the units in the state needed for how the most use of them is, and things should be ok?