Answered

Add 2 In-ceiling speakers as rears for suuround

• 26 July 2020
  • 3 replies

I currently have the Playbar and Sub. I would like to add 2 in-ceiling speakers for surrounds. If I purchase the Sonos amp dose it need to be hard wired to the Playbar or does the amp communicate with the Playbar wirelessly? 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 26 July 2020, 03:00

As long as it is the Sonos Amp, and not the Sonos CONNECT:AMP, it would connect to the Sonos sound bar on a 5Ghz channel. That does imply some distance/shielding issues, if they’re not close together. If they’re in the same room, there shouldn’t be any issue. If the Amp is down the hallway in a closet, you may have issues. 

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

As long as it is the Sonos Amp, and not the Sonos CONNECT:AMP, it would connect to the Sonos sound bar on a 5Ghz channel. That does imply some distance/shielding issues, if they’re not close together. If they’re in the same room, there shouldn’t be any issue. If the Amp is down the hallway in a closet, you may have issues. 

Thank you.The amp would be about 15 feet away in the same room. I don’t have access behind the wall to run ethernet cable to the soundbar.

I wouldn’t think 15 feet of open space would be an issue. No need for the Ethernet cable, most likely.