50 quid could get you Atmos on D+ and ATV

• 10 July 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

There’s a plethora of threads on users trying to get Atmos working with their Arc.  What makes it all so difficult is the myriad of variables, the content, the app, the Tv etc.

Ive spent a fair few hours in trying to make my setup work at home and thought it might be useful to share what I have learnt with the community.

My setup is as follows:

Samsung QE49Q70R (arc only) Sonos Arc, Sub, 2 Play:1

My aim was to get as much of the Atmos content I watch working on the Sonos Arc.

i have a Plex server and Atmos mkv’s - As I only have arc there was no way I could get this to work.

I also watch Netflix, Prime, Disney+ and ATV.

Atmos works on Netflix running from the app on the TV but no Atmos for the remaining 3 apps internal to the tv.

To cut a long story short, I found that the Roku, at £50, was able to provide Atmos for Disney+ and ATV. Disney+ is slightly more complicated though because you have to install Disney+ from the US. Installing it from the UK won’t get you Atmos.

Unfortunately I cant seem to get Atmos on prime but I can’t be sure I know which content has Atmos on Prime.  I can at least watch 3 out of the 4 streaming services with Atmos DD+ and not be so miserable now.

hope that helps.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Jack Ryan on Prime is Atmos

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

There’s a plethora of threads on users trying to get Atmos working with their Arc.  What makes it all so difficult is the myriad of variables, the content, the app, the Tv etc.

Ive spent a fair few hours in trying to make my setup work at home and thought it might be useful to share what I have learnt with the community.

My setup is as follows:

Samsung QE49Q70R (arc only) Sonos Arc, Sub, 2 Play:1

My aim was to get as much of the Atmos content I watch working on the Sonos Arc.

i have a Plex server and Atmos mkv’s - As I only have arc there was no way I could get this to work.

I also watch Netflix, Prime, Disney+ and ATV.

Atmos works on Netflix running from the app on the TV but no Atmos for the remaining 3 apps internal to the tv.

To cut a long story short, I found that the Roku, at £50, was able to provide Atmos for Disney+ and ATV. Disney+ is slightly more complicated though because you have to install Disney+ from the US. Installing it from the UK won’t get you Atmos.

Unfortunately I cant seem to get Atmos on prime but I can’t be sure I know which content has Atmos on Prime.  I can at least watch 3 out of the 4 streaming services with Atmos DD+ and not be so miserable now.

hope that helps.

Really interested in this, its Apple TV and Atmos that I am interested in, can you advise which roku device this is please?

Badge +2

@RedVespaBlur ah, ok. I tried both seasons and Atmos logo didn’t even appear on the information screen.

@Mikelev I used this Roku stick https://www.amazon.co.uk/Roku-Streaming-Stick-Media-Player/dp/B076FH18TC/ref=sr_1_4?crid=38YSJLI6AZ3P&dchild=1&keywords=roku+tv+stick&qid=1594365759&sprefix=rook%2Caps%2C315&sr=8-4