Answered

3 Play 1 - 2 configuration

• 24 February 2018
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Hey everyone,
First sorry if that question has been asked already. I couldn't find it anywhere.

My situation is simple. I currently have 3 Play 1 (+Playbase and Play 5s).
To simplify I will name them as follow :
Play1 A
Play1 B
Play1 C

Currently Play1 A + Play1 B are paired for Audio.
Play1 C is on its own in my staircase but its rather overkill as I dont spend much time walking up and down the stairs.
I would like to bring my Play1 C back in my living room as Rear Speaker in 5.1 configuration (with Playbase...) and use it as follow :
Play1 B = Left Rear Speaker
Play1 C = Right Rear Speaker

My question is the following : can Play1 B be paired with Play1 A for Audio and with Play1 C for Video (5.1 rear channel) without re-setting everything when switching from Audio to Video ?

Thanks for your help,
Nico
icon

Best answer by Tom526 28 February 2018, 21:46

Unfortunately, I don't think this is possible. Once you pair the surrounds with the Playbase, all 3 are "linked" together. You'd have to unpair, and then group or pair with Play1 A.

However, you should be able to group them ALL together, 5.1 system and Play1 A and have music coming out of them all.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Unfortunately, I don't think this is possible. Once you pair the surrounds with the Playbase, all 3 are "linked" together. You'd have to unpair, and then group or pair with Play1 A.
However, you should be able to group them ALL together, 5.1 system and Play1 A and have music coming out of them all.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Thanks Tom. I guess I'll have to buy a 4th Play one then.... Might go second hand, now that the One is out Play One is cheaper.....
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Yes, they have been popping up. I bought 2 used Play:1 in the last few months for well below retail! Got lucky! 🙂
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
..even more so as we can't anyway pair the New Sonos one with an existing Sonos Play 1 😉