Question

2x Symfonisk or 2x Sonos Play:1 as home theather?

• 17 November 2019
  • 0 replies

Hello everyone, I’m new to the smart speaker game so sorry for being ignorant.

I’m watching Netflix streamed from 2015 13” Macbook Pro (Catalina) via HDMI to my home cinema projector (Epson EH-TW5300) and the projector is connected directly to old PC speakers. The speakers are slowly dying so I’m using for something to replace them with. Is it possible to connect two Ikea Symfonisks (Airplay 2) or two Sonos Play:1 (Airplay 1) and then stream video to the projector using HDMI and at the same time stream audio to speakers? I asked the same question on reddit and apparently there will be sync issues without a sound bar, is that true? I just want it to work flawlessly and out of the box, I don’t have time for fiddling with speakers and wondering why there are delays or why there is no sound. Do I really need a sound bar in that case? I’m looking at Sonos because I don’t have money and space for any amps or sound bars, I wanted to place a few small speakers on Ikea shelves and then expand the setup in the future.

My use cases are:

1. 50% - Netflix streamed from Macbook on home cinema projector + streaming sound to wireless speakers,
  2. 50% - Spotify on Macbook or iPhone + streaming sound to wireless speakers.

Thanks for any help, I’m really confused right now :( 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.