Answered

2021 samsung frame

so i just bought a 2021 samsung frame and added the arc to my set up.    I have not installed the arc yet as it requires different wiring than playbar.   I m reading everywhere that the arc does not play nicely with the Samsung frame from previous years, can any one comment?   Has this issue been fixed

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 9 April 2021, 21:26

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

24 replies

Userlevel 7

Yes, many Samsung Frame owners have experienced problems using the Arc, but many have also resolved their issues with firmware updates and patches. The only way to know for sure if your TV will work with the Arc is to test it for yourself. Just make sure your TV has the latest firmware installed and turn on Anynet+ (CEC) in your TV settings. Run TV Setup in the Sonos app and connect the Sonos-supplied HDMI cable to your TV’s HDMI eARC port when the app instructs you to.

Read more about the problems that Samsung Frame owners have experienced:

Good luck!

Thank you sir, i will wire it together and see if it works before I hide all the cables behind the drywall!!!

thx again

Wait, doesn’t it come with the one connect box? There is only one wire / cable?

Yes for the tv . But you still need power and hdmi for the arc sound bar

Oh, well, good luck! Let us know how it goes - im looking to get the same TV early May.

angusmorrison… just wondering how this turned out for you? I’m getting ready to install my 2021 Samsung Frame with the Sonos Arc. 

Hi. I am also wondering how this turned out for you? Is the problem regarding eARC Auto-setting solved for 2021 version of The Frame?

I’ve got my 2021 65” Frame all setup with the Sonos Arc and two One SLs. Everything seems to be working great using the eArc input. 

I’ve got my 2021 65” Frame all setup with the Sonos Arc and two One SLs. Everything seems to be working great using the eArc input. 

Hi Rick,

Is your ARC still working well with your e-arc set to Auto on the TV. 

Also interested in what streaming services and source inputs you may be using.

Yes for the tv . But you still need power and hdmi for the arc sound bar

Hi Angus,

Is your ARC still working well with your e-arc set to Auto on the TV. 

Also interested in what streaming services and source inputs you may be using.

I just picked up the 2021 Frame. IT DOES NOT WORK WITH THE SONOS ARC AT ALL. I keep getting a notification on my tv saying that the device (Sonos Arc) is not compatible with the hdmi 3 port (earc). When I plug in the Arc I end up getting no sound coming from the TV. Has anyone found a solution??

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

What have you tried already?Have you updated the TV and the Arc to the latest software? Is Anynet+ turned on in the TV settings?

What have you tried already?Have you updated the TV and the Arc to the latest software? Is Anynet+ turned on in the TV settings?

both the tv and arc have the latest software. I also have anynet+ turned on already. I’ve also tried turning HDMI-eArc mode off, but it doesn’t really make a difference. 

I’m thinking of just returning this stupid Frame TV….

I am very disappointed with the combination of the Sonos Arc and the Samsung Frame 75” (2021).  While I can now get sound to work consistently.  The audio for any source connected via HDMI is out of sync.  The audio coming out of the apps built into the TV are fine.  The audio from my Verizon set top box is not.  I have tried delay settings on the Arc.  It just gets worse.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

By relying on HDMI-ARC Sonos has made it's problems vulnerable to TV makers that do not completely adhere to standards.

You could try to turn anything off that interferes with the picture on your TV. If that does not help maybe the HDFury Arcana is an option.

I have 75” 2021 Frame and Arc. For me, Initial connection issues were fixed by turning off voice assistance (Alexa) on the Arc. Then lip sync issues fixed by setting digital sound output format to Pass Through. I have Apple TV 4K and Xfinity 4K box, might not work with all sources. 

I purchased a 2020 55” Samsung Frame TV and Sonos Beam for my parents last November.

I tried the Beam on my 2017 LG OLED B7 television and it worked fine.

Never got the Beam working on my parents’ Frame TV using the HDMI connection.  Called Sonos in December of 2020 and was told it was a TV issue, not a Sonos issue, and to use the optical connection until Samsung updated the TV.

This mostly worked fine for seven months when volume problems began.  When using the Samsung TV remote to increase the volume on the beam, the volume on the Beam would not stop until the volume maxed out.  Only way to turn down the volume was on the Beam itself or using the Sonos app.  I could even see in the app the volume increasing on its own after pressing the volume button once on the remote.

We ordered a new remote from Samsung thinking it was a remote issue.  New remote arrived, volume problem still there.  

Called Sonos this past Monday where they walked me through several possible fixes.  Nothing worked.

At this point the technical support person told me that none of Sonos’s products work well with Samsung Frame TVs.  None of them.  And that there was nothing Sonos could do but to let us know if and when they solve the issue on their end.

I’m really disappointed with how Sonos managed this situation.  Had we been told this problem back in December of last year we could have returned the Beam and bought a sound bar that played nicely with my parents new TV.  But instead they blamed the issue on Samsung and now my parents are stuck with a soundbar that can’t be used with their TV.

I was considering buying an Arc for my television but will be looking elsewhere.  I’ve also stopped encouraging other people to buy Sonos products.

If you are thinking of buying a Samsung TV, stay away from Sonos products.

Just installed 2021 Frame 55 with Beam. The usual battle of reading the directions and finding the right settings and the correct HDMI, but not too bad. 

Today, turned the television back on and had no sound.  Messed around with the Sonos app for a while, couldn't find anything. Went into TV settings and confirmed they were correct. Changed sound output setting to TV speaker, immediately had TV speaker sound, then changed setting back to HDMI, and the Beam immediately came on. 

I hope this will not be an ongoing issue. 

Sure sounds like the TV wasn’t sending a signal out via eARC, and messing with the settings ‘fixed’ it. But not an issue with the Sonos. I’d be double checking for firmware updates to the TV, and contacting Samsung’s CS. 

65 inch Frame (QA65LS03TAWXXY) and Sonos Arc (series ID: A100, HW version: 1.27.1.8-2.1) have been working fine, but today has stopped talking. I checked out Frame updates and realised it was running an older FW version (v2014) so I updated to latest (v2101), but with no improvement. All cables, power, wiring, ports, etc etc are the same today as they were yesterday. ‘HDMI-eARC Mode’ is set to off, but greyed out so I cannot change it.

Aaaaaaand now it’s working. In my fiddling to get things working, I must have turned off Anynet+. With that back on, I could enable HDMI-eARC Mode.

Still, I couldn’t get the TV / Sonos to talk. I live near the sea, and though the cables may have deteriorated. I gave both ends of the HDMI cable a good in-out-in-out-in-ou….. and next minute, there was a connection available.

I’ll look to replace the HDMI cable or hit it with some contact cleaner. For now it’s working, so I won’t try to fix it.

Just installed 2021 Frame 55 with Beam. The usual battle of reading the directions and finding the right settings and the correct HDMI, but not too bad. 

Today, turned the television back on and had no sound.  Messed around with the Sonos app for a while, couldn't find anything. Went into TV settings and confirmed they were correct. Changed sound output setting to TV speaker, immediately had TV speaker sound, then changed setting back to HDMI, and the Beam immediately came on. 

I hope this will not be an ongoing issue. 

I am having this exact same issue. It seems to be getting worse as well. Have you seen any fixes ? 

I am having similar problems with my 2021 frame and Beam gen 2.. sometimes the sounds not working. It’s like it’s loosing the earc connection, and I also use Apple TV 4K as my main streaming and the sound is only stereo or Dolby atmos when streaming from that. Works better when using the apps on the frame instead. 

I am having similar problems with my 2021 frame and Beam gen 2.. sometimes the sounds not working. It’s like it’s loosing the earc connection, and I also use Apple TV 4K as my main streaming and the sound is only stereo or Dolby atmos when streaming from that. Works better when using the apps on the frame instead. 

I’ve got a google tv with chrome cast and an Apple TV 4K connected and it’s messed up twice already today. I have to unplug the Sonos to get it to work