Question

2 home theatre set ups sharing the Play speakers

• 2 December 2019
  • 4 replies

I have a long living room, with TV at one end, projector at other. I have a Sonos soundbar for each, and 2 x Play surround speakers in the centre of the room. Can I share the surrounds across both theatres? i.e. when I watch TV, I hear soundbar #1 and the 2 Plays. But if I switch to watching a movie on projector, I hear soundbar #2 and the 2 Plays. Thanks. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

No, the rear speakers have to be bonded to one or the other soundbar.  You can reconfigure between the two ‘rooms’, but it will take a few minutes each time.

Thanks Danny, so you think it’s not as easy as setting up 2 groups? Worst case, that switching time you mention wouldn’t be the end if the world. 

Thanks Danny, so you think it’s not as easy as setting up 2 groups? Worst case, that switching time you mention wouldn’t be the end if the world. 

I wouldn’t do it personally.   It would getting annoying real quick.  You would also need to redo Trueplay tuning each time I think.  Two separate sets of rear speakers would be the easiest.  If you use the TV or projector rarely, or if one side is generally for movies that have surround sound connect while the other is for TV shows that typically lack surround sound, then maybe you can manage with one set with the rare switch. It might even be a little easier is just to move a soundbar between the two  sides of the room.

Do you ever use both the TV and projector at the same time?

Thanks Danny. Currently experiencing a broken base panel on my BEAM (see posted question), so all other problems are on hold until i can get that resolved.