Answered

2 Beams and one Sub?

• 23 January 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi folks,

Let me start by saying ”I’m definitely a novice” and therefore not tech savvy in any fashion!

So please be gentle.

I have just purchased a beam for my bedroom and am impressed with the sound so I and am considering replacing my Boise bar in my living room and possibly adding some additional speakers. Suggestions are appreciated.

I have a small 2 bedroom custom built house. My living rm is 14x14 and my bedroom is 14x16. They  are separated by roughly 13ft of 4’to 5’ wide hall that opens directly into one another. I have a 55” Samsung TV in the bed and a 65” in the Liv rm.   Now my thoughts are as follows. purchase a new beam for the Liv.rm. and a sub to place in the hall. I may add other speakers if needed. Again I’m open for suggestions. My primary question is can both of the beams share the sub?. I believe with the layout ,distance and openness of the hall to each listening area it should function fine. I hope to link everything together for music listening throughout and just share the sub depending on what room i am watching TV.

Looking forward to comments and suggestions.

svpbme

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 23 January 2021, 22:51

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

No, currently Sonos does not support a sub being connected in two ‘rooms’ in their software. They have just recently changed to allow two subs in a home theater ‘room’, if one of those subs is a Gen 3.