Question

Youtube Video on LG CX TV & ARC via GOOGLE ASSISTANT

• 21 July 2020
  • 1 reply

Is there a way to use the google assistant from an LG CX through the Sonos Arc’s google assistant without having to press the voice button on the LG CX remote so I can do things like tell google to play a specific music video on YouTube (since the Sonos Arc google assistant doesn’t support playing video but the TV’s google assistant does as it uses the internal YouTube app)?

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Hi @morrison22.

Thanks for reaching out and for bringing up this topic.

The Google Assistant on Sonos products doesn’t support this feature of playing Youtube, as well as controlling TV apps or content.

It has the ability to turn on the TV using Arc’s HDMI ARC/eARC connection and CEC, switch from TV to music, and adjust the volume.

You may also find this article helpful, it covers the commands you can use to control Sonos with the Google Assistant.

You can get additional features, like more control with Google Assistant when connected with a Chromecast TV or device.

I’ll switch this thread over to an idea for you, that way people can follow the status in case there is any news in the future. 

Please let me know if you have additional concerns. I'm happy to send them up for you.