You have not configured the account with the media distributor yet

• 19 June 2022
  • 1 reply

I’ve had my Sonos speakers for years and been able to to control them via my Google Home assistants, but since some time ago whenever I say “Play Music on Five (name)” I get the response “It seems you haven’t configured the account with the media distributor yet”.

Its not Spotify its referring to but Sonos (If I just say “Play music” it plays music from Spotify on my iPhone”. I’ve removed/added the Sonos account in Google Assistant/Home multiple times, I can see the speakers in my devices list but I can not get inte to play.

I’ve tried resinstalling all apps (Google/Sonos) and I’ve tried to different devices. It does not matter which speaker I ask Google to play on, I get the same message regardless.

Any suggestions?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I recently had a similar issue where my Nest Mini (which I use to get Google Assistant at a constant, non-music-linked volume) would no longer play to my living group Sonos One L+R speakers. 

It would say, “Got it! Playing [request] on Living Room. Sorry, looks like you haven’t set up account...”. But, it was doing this when I asked it to play a playlist, like My Supermix on YouTube Music.

I next asked it to play a single song. That worked. 

After I did that, I then tried a playlist request and...it worked fine and so seems to have fixed itself. 

Hope that gives you a new idea to try 🙃