Yet another bug, this time with Deezer

• 24 March 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Yet another exasperating bug with GA on Sonos, this time using Deezer:

On Google Home speaker: “Hey Google, play Home Office playlist on Deezer”. Response: playlist plays.

On Alexa: “Alexa, play Home Office playlist on Deezer”. Response: playlist plays.

On Sonos One Google Assistant: “Hey Google, play Home Office playlist on Deezer “. Response: “All right, playing Home Office playlist on Deezer… Sorry, I can’t find what you asked for.”

Maybe related to the bug that keeps Sonos from being able to find some TuneIn stations that it recognizes, but can’t play?

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Could be, but the symptom of being unable to find TuneIn stations that it initially recognizes existed with my gen1 speaker before I switched to the gen2. I think that makes it less likely that this Deezer issue is a gen2 issue.

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Why I don’t disagree with your theory. We cannot fully troubleshoot this until we have resolved the “Assistant not responding to commands” issue. Do you have other voice enabled Sonos products that we can test with besides the Generation 2? 

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Hello @Doug Ames. As you are already aware, we are investigating a known issue with Google Assistant on the Sonos Generation 2 speaker. As of right now, Assistant will be unable to perform a command on the Sonos One. If you have a Beam, Move, or Sonos One Generation 1 speaker, then Assistant will work on those devices. Alternatively, you can switch your voice assistant to Alexa, as she is unaffected. 

We will update our main Google thread when the issue is resolved, or if we can provide a suitable workaround. I do appreciate your continued patience with us during this inconvenience. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

I still have my Sonos One gen1 as part of the stereo pair with the gen2. I hate having to re-arrange which one is running the GA voice assistant though - it causes the speakers to get a new ID from Sonos, which  then breaks all of the other home automation services I have using Sonos, like IFTTT, Olisto, and Home Assistant.

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

I certainly understand that you do not want to separate the pair, as that will mess up your home automation. However, we cannot troubleshoot the Assistant on Deezer issue until we have resolved the first issue on the Generation 2 speakers. I will give our engineers a nudge on your behalf, to get an update for you. When we have more information to share, we will update the main thread that I posted above. 

Perhaps a member of the Community that uses Deezer with Google Assistant on a non Generation 2 will chime in here so we can troubleshoot this issue fully.